Conversion idea: Draigo into vanilla space marine librarian - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Portland, Oregon
    5 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

Conversion idea: Draigo into vanilla space marine librarian

I play space marines and the Librarian is my favorite HQ. My terminator Librarian is one of my favorites but I really want one with a storm shield. I like the way I've painted the one I own and I think it would look silly to just tack a storm shield onto his outstretched arm.

I was thinking instead I could convert the Draigo model from the Grey Knights into a Space Marines Librarian in terminator armor with storm shield.

Draigo has a couple things going that I like that are different than the terminator librarian model:

A force sword instead of the huge staff
    A really cool looking helmet
    Already posed and fit to properly hold a storm shield (and his shield has a huge book that screams librarian)
    Looks unique in case I ever want to use two Librarians.

My questions:

What are some things to watch out for doing the conversion?
    What are some things I can do to get that storm bolter off and what to replace that area with so it looks good?
    Should I go finecast or metal? (there is a metal one at a shop I frequent)
    Any of you who like the idea, feel free to post ideas to "librarianize" him

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

As for the material the finecast would be easier to work with ie, cut. As for Draigo himself he has lots of Inquisitorial marking so removing them would probably be a good idea to make him 'vanilla'. If you dont have a problem with greenstuff, you could just remove the storm bolter and smooth his gauntlet over. Hope any of that helps.

+ Reply to Thread