Frist attempt at breaking the mold, Wraithlord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frist attempt at breaking the mold, Wraithlord

Ok, so this is my first ever attempt at making a figure different then what it comes as. I have played a lot of table games, but i have had little patience for painting and assembling. That all being said i am trying to break out with 40k and put more into the models themselves (Blackadder's Thunderhawk being both insane and inspiration, awesome work btw BA).

So that all being said i would like any ones take on the pose i put my first Wraithlord in. I know the paint job is crappy and the pics don't have a good color to them (working on it) but you can see what i did to the Wraithlord. That's all i am worried about at this time. I did three things that i have never done before. 1) Green stuff modeling. The horns are my first ever attempt at using Green stuff as something other then filling base gaps. 2) Cutting legs to bend a way they don't go usually. 3) Modifying the arms so them can have more range in the shoulder socket then the usually do, i.e rotating the left arm so it is more up and down, and allowing the right arm to reach farther over across his body with the sword.

Likes, dislikes, helping comments welcome.

Thanks
    Terveck

2011-06-26 17.48.07.jpg2011-06-26 17.46.47.jpg2011-06-26 17.47.19.jpg2011-06-26 17.47.34.jpg2011-06-26 17.48.24.jpg2011-06-26 17.49.10.jpg2011-06-26 17.48.41.jpg

Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

The pose is cool and I really like the basing, one con I have is the weapon configuration - having a lance and a sword really puts lord in two opposite roles, are they interchangeble?

Horns and mandibles are a cool idea.

Good work.
    Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the BL is magnetized, i am painting all the heavy's so i can interchange them. The basing i do on all my figs is real sand and rocks, and i pick up moss and bark off trees. They hold really well and they are textured and colored already!!

+ Reply to Thread