Imperial Guard- Knee Pads/Elbow Pads (riot squad equipment) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Imperial Guard- Knee Pads/Elbow Pads (riot squad equipment)

hi everyone

been converting my guardsmen to have pig-iron gas mask replacements, changed the las-guns to SMG's but one more thing I want to accomplish is knee/elbow pads for my guardsmen

now i know you could jsut use green-stuff for this, but i'm afraid i'm a poor sculpter, so if anyone can help me out with a tutorial or some good images showing it off, that would be great

many thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    inside your head
    77 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Step 1- make a tiny ball of GS. If you're feeling a little spiffy, you can make it a bit egg-shaped

Step 2- stick it to wherever you want the padding. If you went with the egg-shape, the pointy end goes towards the top (towards thigh or shoulder)

Step 3- with a flat sculpting tool (I use a razor blade, but be CAREFUL) wet it, and then press the edges of the GS ball into shape. You're going for angular, blocky shapes. Keep the blade angled to get a nice 45o taper on everything. This should give you crisp, flat surfaces on the edges. Try for a coffin or octagon shape. When it's done, you'll have a little bump of GS in the center of the pad. You have three options: press it flat again with your knife, clip it off with clippers and then press the leftovers flat, or pop the model into the freezer to harder the GW and then trim it off with a knife. If you just press it down, it might "bulge" the sides of the pad out.

I wish that I could put up a photo tutorial, but honestly- it's pretty easy and I don't have any guardsmen or GS at the moment. I used to use this method to resculpt SM kneepads after a repose.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread