Making Life-size 40k Weaponry..... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings! Well I have no idea where to put this topic but since it has to do with converting 40k weapons into life-size non-working replicas, then I thought it should go here.

I was reading an old White Dwarf and I came across a pic. It had a GW worker aiming a bolt pistol at another's head. I laughed not, but the bolt pistol was impressive. It looked exactly what I would thing a real bolt pistol would look like.

So I decided to make life-sized Dark Eldar weaponry. I first plan on making a Splinter Pistol followed by a Splinter Rifle, hopefully with blades on the handles too. I&#39;ll be using wood since it&#39;s easy to shape with the tools I have at the moment and it won&#39;t break if I drop it, unlike plastic toy guns <_< . I have pics of the guns in my codex and on my models. I&#39;ll assume that Dark Eldar are about 6 feet tall and get weapon to body ratio and sizes.

I&#39;ll keep you posted on how everything goes. Also, if anyone else here has tried to make life-size 40k weapons, please tell us.

R U 0K!??!? BUHHHHST WUUUULFFFFF!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think maybe it&#39;s a bit harder to do a splinter rifle than a bolter :)
    I don&#39;t know in detail how a splinter rifle looks, but I&#39;d use a tube for the barrel if the barrel is round like a regular rifles.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like a cool idea, but it might be difficult&#33; but atleast you aren&#39;t attempting a tyranids devourer or venom cannon&#33; (Y) good luck, and be sure to post pics when it&#39;s done&#33;
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, my friend has a PERFECT replica of a lasgun
    Starting anew-september 22 2005

Blood Angels
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Tau
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DE weapons might be hard, but Imperial guns would be much easier (lasgun, bolter). Post pictures if you manage to make these weapons
    &#39;It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees&#39;-Pancho Villa

&#39;You&#39;re not to be so blind with patriotism that you can&#39;t face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it&#39;-Malcolm X

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds cool, but, just a suestion how about basing it around a air riffle, then casting the shell of the gun around this, that way you have a real splinter riffle, even if it inst that splintery.
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made my own armor so if you ever need help just ask...

It weighs nothing,
    has no color,
    no form,
    hmmmm maybe thats because it is nothing. O well. get it?

But If I can give a suggestion, think peletgun rifles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man maybe when you get better a splinter cannon&#33;&#33; Those are awesome&#33;
    Splinter rifles might be hard, in codex pictures they look so good.

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

You&#39;ll wanna start small, probably stick with a splinter pistol, or some kind of blade. Even a punisher would probably be quite easy to make if you&#39;re careful. You must always bear in mind that you probably won&#39;t get it right the first time. here&#39;s my advice for a splinter pistol:
    Take a very sharp knife or saw or whatever you want, and use that to cut a rough shape of the rear end of the gun, i.e not the barrel. Then take a jigsaw and use that to do the curves, followed by sanding off the rough corners you do not want. Drill a hole in the end where the barrel is to be put that is about 1mm-2mm bigger than the diameter of the barrel. This should be about 2inch-2.5inches deep. It may be an idea, for extra rigidity, to cut a notch in the top edge of the hole for the corresponding pin on the barrel to slide into.
    Now, take a piece of dowel that is the size appropriate for the hole(i.e. 1-2mm off the diameter). Take this and sand it into a slight oval shape, as splinter pistol barrels are. Then cut the notches in the top of the barrel, but leave the last inch 2-2.5 inches as a circle with no notches. Measure the notch cut in the hole the barrel must rest in, and cut a pin of the same size to slide into here. Then drill a hole in the business end of the weapon to make the hole that the splinters would travel down.
    The blade on the bottom of the handle will be tricky. Try cutting a blade shape out of a thin piece of wood, sanding it to a point with a small pin or sticking out part on the blunt end of it. Then cut a corresponding notch into the bottom of the handle. Attach this using wood glue, hot glue, or a similar adhesive. Leave to dry.
    Right, now fill the hole about 1/4 full with hot glue or mastick or wood glue or some adequate adhesive. Cover the section of the barrel that is to be hidden by the hole in adhesive as well, and then apply adhesive or double sided tape or something to the pin on the barrel. Slide the barrel in-you may need to use a mallet to bash it in all the way, or use a stick to sculpt the glue around the barrel so it sits straight. Wipe all excess glue from both attachment jobs away, and leave to dry.
    It may be an idea to put a coat of matte varnish or sealant over the surface to hide the grain of the wood. This will also minimise splintering. Then leave it for a while so it&#39;s all dry and steady. Check the strength of the bonds by giving the gun a bit of a shake, and then go ahead and spray it the undercoat colour. Leave this to dry, and then apply two more coats. Then paint it your chosen weapon colour(s).
    And there you go&#33; Time to go and grab some slaves for commoragh. But DON&#39;T get it out in public. I know in the UK the police can get an armed response unit to shoot you on sight if you carry a replica gun, and i think it&#39;s pretty much the same in the US, except all the cops out there carry guns&#33;
    And besides, you ain&#39;t gonna put up much of a fight with a wooden pistol.
    Good luck,
    Chris
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making life sized weaponry is cool&#33; I&#39;m making a Boltgun at the moment. i will post pics of it when it&#39;s done&#33;
    **Life is an undefined equation**

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former.

--- Albert Einstein

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast