Making models out of bitz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making models out of bitz

I have a Giant collection of bitz, several of my friends have given me there spare bitz, plus been collecting bitz for 23 years. I am seriously over bitzed, I once noticed I had a Keeper of secretes head, so I went through and found Keeper of secretes body, then arms, then legs, I had an entire keeper of secretes in my bitz of course since I have 8 different boxes of bitz it is difficult knowing what all I have. Right now I have about 1/3 of a Woodelf forest dragon, I am going to assemble it, using pieces of the forest dragon, I found pieces of a chaos dragon, and Orc wyvern, along with several other games workshop past figures alone with some none games workshop models.

How do people feel about fielding bitz together models in armies?

Squats may be a bad word to most 40k players but maybe demiurg might not be to different when they finally arrive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosSquat79 View Post
    I have a Giant collection of bitz, several of my friends have given me there spare bitz, plus been collecting bitz for 23 years. I am seriously over bitzed, I once noticed I had a Keeper of secretes head, so I went through and found Keeper of secretes body, then arms, then legs, I had an entire keeper of secretes in my bitz of course since I have 8 different boxes of bitz it is difficult knowing what all I have. Right now I have about 1/3 of a Woodelf forest dragon, I am going to assemble it, using pieces of the forest dragon, I found pieces of a chaos dragon, and Orc wyvern, along with several other games workshop past figures alone with some none games workshop models.

Did I mention I have several 4ed 40K chaos space marines using 1st and 2nd ed heavy weapons... and of course I use many 1st, 2nd, 3rd, exc version of Loyalist space marines in my chaos space marine army.
    Squats may be a bad word to most 40k players but maybe demiurg might not be to different when they finally arrive.

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

I lurv me some kitbashing. It gives you a unique model that nobody else has. Great for HQs and special elites.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thoroughly agree. Bitz are hugely recyclable and add to character of some armies (Orks and CSM spring to mind). Only problem is now i have hundreds of 2nd Ed Ork arms, and all the new models are around twice the size Still, they can be used for skinny 'oomies and eldar, or my personal favourite - battlefield debris for your bases
    There are three types of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what sucks is I have legs and arms that don't match... Wyvern left leg, forest dragon right leg, Wyvern right front claw, and Forest dragon left front claw. I have modified the Wyvern leg and claw to match the forest dragon.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Well i just returned from vacation with a big bag of marine and chaos bits.From what i gleaned it even has a first/second edition plague marine inside!
    I love kitbashing,i think i might be able to make a beaky assualt squad outta this!
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what sucks is I have legs and arms that don't match... Wyvern left leg, forest dragon right leg, Wyvern right front claw, and Forest dragon left front claw. I have modified the Wyvern leg and claw to match the forest dragon.
    btw, in case the thought hadn't occured, I'm sure some of your local gamers are also bitzed-up, so it might be a good idea to have a swap day -- You might find that although they don't have exactly what you need, they might have other bitz you've never seen which work well with what you have.

If all else fails, just create 20 Chaos Spawn models with everything you have
    There are three types of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who cannot.

+ Reply to Thread