Death Guard Terminators conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Guard Terminators conversion

I wanted to have Typhus' favoured terminator honor guard, the infamous (among my friends) 'Tallymen of Nurgle', to be all armed with scythes much like Typhus' dreaded Manreaper. But I have so far been unable to work out a fairly simple way to convert them, i would still like to keep the twin-linked bolters as well. I am a novice modeler, so it can't be that complicated, and preferably cheap

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

My first thought was for you to use fantasy scythes - there are a few from memory in the Skeleton Regiment box (although a cheaper option would be Bitz sites, or trading arms with a local Undead player), but the scale will be a little off and the scythes will probably look a bit small in the terminators fists.

Plan B would be to cut plasticard scythe heads (using Typhus' blade as a template/scale), and then headswap the existing terminator power weapons and extend the hafts of the axes and maces with either plastic rod, or spare banner poles/fantasy staves if your bitz box is overflowing with them. A little trimming on the removed power weapon heads should be able to salvage the powerpack to glue back on to the scythe blade. Some Greenstuff or guitar wire to link up the cabling if you're feeling brave, and voila!
    I have too many armies to list in my signature!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no scythes in the skeleton box, you want the zombie box
    The scythes are just the right size, personally I think they look too big for the zombies. Trade/buy them from you local Vampire Counts player or get them from one of the online bits stores.

As for converting them, I would use a terminator arm with a power weapon and remove the power weapon, then drill through the closed hand. You can probably trim the zombie hand off the scythe and just slide the scythe into the terminator fist. Cover up the hole with greenstuff and its all over.

If you're feeling a little adventurous, you can model some sort of handle/leather wrapping on the scythe handle with green stuff, or maybe add some cables, an exhaust (like the ones from either ork or imperial chain swords) or whatever else you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon

Chaos is for life, not just for Christmas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Oops, my apologies - been a long while since I bought any undead, and now you mention it I did have a box of Zombies at the same time as the Skeletons... sorry for the wrong info OP.
    I have too many armies to list in my signature!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha thanks guys im a bit unsure about drill hands though but will definately look into the zombies scythes

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Tyranid warrior talons would do too but you need more time and greenstuff to make them look like weapons.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread