Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This was my first experience painting. I don't have an actual painting table, just a couple square feet of free space. Went in dry, no knowledge of painting, a few paints and brushes, lots of toothpicks, and determination. Let me know what you guys think and spots to improve on. Thanks in advance.
Pretty good for a a first-timer.
Practice makes perfect, keep it up
Indeed, it does all look pretty good! I like the silver, blue and black, it works quite nicely.
If you wanted to improve, I'd say the next thing to look at would be highlighting. Sorry if you're familiar with these techniques and I'm telling you what you already know, but it's basically applying a lighter colour over the top of your basecoat on the areas that would catch the light (edges, corners, raised sections) so as to give the painting the appearance of depth.
If you wanted to try it I'd do it on some black bits first. I've found a pretty simple way of highlighting black - just a codex grey drybrush on the very edges works alright, then you can go back and clean up any spots you unintentionally got with black and neaten everything up.
Thanks for posting these, they look really good, and if you've got any other questions just ask!
Thanks for the suggestions. In all honesty, I really have no clue what I'm doing. I've been using sharpened toothpicks to do most of my "fine tuning." I'm goint to do a simple snow covered base in the future. I also got the advice to use a black/blueish wash on the silver sections. Not to sure about that, since I like the shiny. And I will do the black edges and ridges (and details on legs) with a watered down grey.
Thanks for the help.
Having a hassle with trying to use a wash because the mythril silver is so thin. I'm thinking I may have to try mixing with codex grey to get it dulled a bit and maybe thicken it up first.
I added snow to the bases. Plan on making small terrain pieces to add next. I'm going to try an odd clay/cloth sandbag, strandard fence/wire, and frozen blue guardsmen to bring the bases a bit more color.
And I'm also considering working on a project "The Cadre Before Christmas" just sticks in my mind.