Convertable Ghost Ark? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Convertable Ghost Ark?

So i've been toying with the idea of a convertable Ghost ark/Doomsday ark. I know there's 2 connection points (one upper and one lower). Each configuration has the same connector. So I've been toying around with multiple ideas.

1) Magnetize the ribs so it can mount both top and bottom, do no use the Necron warrior models (unless you want to magnetize each of them too). Then Magnetize the gun when you flip it.

2) Another EASIER mod is to just make a normal ghost ark with no warriors, and magnetize the gun. Who is to say a doomsday ark couldn't be upside down. Lazy way to go, but SUPER easy.

3) Other ideas?

"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didnt open mine yet but will be checking soon my options to mod it as the 2... lazy or bright? saves me money give us news if u end up doing anything ill do the same once i open and figure out my options ... doesnt the ark with cannon up looks good or weird??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally gave a thought to that:

in my opinion it's possible to link the soldiers stands on opposite sides of the backbone and use a plastic rod (width as diameter of backbone, but should not fill the hole since you need room for the link between soldiers) just to magnetize bow and aft that will squeeze the ribs together. In this way the soldiers won't magnetizing and won't fall off. Each pair will be attached on a former rib and locked by a latter one. If the rib doesn't have a hole to fit the soldiers across... you'll make one .
    What bothers me most are the gauss flayers and turning them around with each conversion... I'm a modellist and I don't like touching a painted model too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got to it and it works:

all you need to do is put a metal wire inside the hole of the warriors' holder. File through the ordinate hole in order to allow for the wire to get through. Pass a rod through the ordinates main hole, saw a disk section off the rod to allow for the wire to reach the desired level (so it should be around half a disk, one can drill a longitudinal hole through the rod to pass a thicker wire to strengthen the rod) and finally add Nd magnets to allow for motor section and head section to squeeze the ordinates tight... easy as pie...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

easiest way i've found to go the warriors for a ghost ark is to link a row with a plastic rod and magnetize it on both ends with a magnet in the center and a flat nail head on the warriors portion. The following pictures show how i did mine, nice in that i can remove them to show which side of the flayers has weapon destroyed.

I can imagine a world without fear, a world without pain, a world without war. And I can imagine conquering that world because they would never see it coming.
    It's only crazy if it doesn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a possibility, but if you do that ACROSS instead of a row, then you don't need magnets and the linkage will be concealed inside the spine that holds the ribs together

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

I haven't begun to assemble mine yet (other projects lined up first) but I have made a few considerations. Primarily, I wish to magnetize each spine section so the Ark can be broken down for easier transportation. Currently it will occupy about ~33% of my battlebox, and doing this should reduce this to only ~20-25%.

Beyond that, I have no suggestions or ideas, as I plan to evaluate how to proceed after I have successfully magnetized the spine sections. That being the priority and all, I don't want to complicate it by planning on being able to magnetize the weapon / passengers and having magnets with opposing fields to break the model apart or jar sections of it during assembly.

I do plan to document the process, though. So when I get around to it (if.. I get around to it) I'll post something
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

I went with option 2 with a couple of modifications;

- I magnetised the back and base of the gun to keep it in place, and to secure the smaller dome cover for Ghost mode. I didn't include the side cabling for the gun's base.

- I magnetised the prow to make it reversible - it points up for ghost mode and down for Doomsday mode

- I magnetised the attachements for each warrior individually, mostly because it's less noticable than the rod connection mentioned above (and 'cos I didn't think of that ;p) but also because it's then a nice visual way of keeping track how many warriors are in the Ghost ark at any one point
    I have too many armies to list in my signature!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is how i did mine, i didnt bother putting in the warriors for 2 reason's
    1 being lazy and couldnt be arsed to paint them
    2 making it easyre to put the gun in and out
    theres no magnets at all in the unit the cannon it self just slots into the the up slot as if the cage was being put in to it
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

+ Reply to Thread