Metal Nightbringer Miscast?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Metal Nightbringer Miscast??

Hello everyone, my friend has brought me his Necron army as hes not 100% competant with lists and modeling. The Nightbringer (C'tan Shard) he gave me appears to be either butchered or seriously miscast.

I'll explain. The two Main body segments, that the torso and cape/legs do not in anyway match, by looking at images from GW website, it would apear a large amount of the leg and the robes are missing. However the shape of what is their does indicate that the top torso should join somehow. (by this i mean the torso has a ball and bottom has a crater where the two should meet)

I asked him if he had bought it new or second hand. It came new from a GW stockist. I then queried if he had attempted to modify it. He claimed this was the condition he recieved it in.

My question is, are GW obliged to refund/return/replace such a disfigured miniture? Especially when its now an "old" item. He no longer has the box and therefore no batch numbers to identify the model.

What should I/he do? I've never had problems before myself so am new to the concept of making "complaints" to my closest friends the GW Team

P.S Sorry if my explanation isnt very clear

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will noone help me? lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

because theirs no box, no receipt and the model is now technically obsolete your stuck with it, although you could try ringing customer services and asking for advice. From my point of view it's only a complaint if you are bringing a companies attention to wilful negligence of it's staff or inaccuracies in it's policies, if it's an honest mistake most companies (especially GW) will bend over backwards to make you as a customer happy. or atleast in my experience anyway.
    Come see my Necrons, Space Marines, Dwarfs, Orks, Goblins and anything else I feel like painting at my blog: http://modelminiaturepainting.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok mate, thanks. Ive never come across it myself. Only problems I've ever had is late deliveries and thats usually due to the royal mail. I'll give them a bell in the morning. See what they suggest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x3)

GW customer service is generally brilliant. Talk to them they may likely replace it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just ordered some Green stuffz. But I'll give them a call.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

I couldnt figure whatever was he made of.He is finecast or metal?I ask since i get the feeling that the model is old.At any rate since you dont have the receipt and the box its more or less difficult to ensure a replacement.I hope the damage can be repaired with some greenstuff fu.

EDIT:Just reread the title.The model is indeed metal...
    Last edited by pilot00; December 9th, 2011 at 22:23.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread