Freehand Text - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freehand Text

As far back in Hammer and Anvil as I can go.
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

12 (x1)

Freehand Text

A few weeks ago I finished a scratch-built Warhound Titan, and I want to add some text to the shin-plates- standard Imperial fare, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Any suggestions?

Tau Empire - 4000 Points: 23W/6D/0L - Ko'vash Shi, Tau'va!
    Inquisition - 2250 Points: 9W/2D/0L - They are the eye that sleepeth not.
    Necrons - 3000 Points: 13W/0D/0L - Death stands above me, whispering low...

2. Remove Advertisements

12 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

I temd to play round on a bit of paper to figure out the font first, then paint it on with water to get a feel for it on the model. thene out use paint, If I get paint where I dont want it clean it up with water immediately so I don't have to figure out the right blend of colours again. then tidy up th edges and add any shading or blending or OSL to the text via glazes. I am a bit of a beginner when it comes to weathering so I generally dont weather my models. Hope that helped.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Adelaide, Australia
    14 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

Definitely plan in advance what you're going to put on there! Lots of sketching and working it all out first before you start.

I've only attempted some basic freehand work on a few models and I used a somewhat cheats method - I used tracing paper to transfer my intended freehand on to the model (in lead pencil) and then painted over that. It seemed to work okay.

Better description here: Tutorial!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread