40K, home made scenary - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

40K, home made scenary

I am starting to think that painting tanks and making scenary are the best bits.

With one week left of work (im a teacher) i dont have much planning to do this weekend so i thought i would get round to making the scenary.

I have been collecting the large family size yoghurt pots for a while now and at work i was changing the master copy sheet role thing in the photocopier and as i took out the center for the older one i thought i would take that and use it. Like a kitchen role but much, much stronger and has an extended base at one end which is perfect for making it stand up.

Anyway here are some pictures.

The main part and 2 pots will make a piece of scenary where people can climb and put units on.
    I will then use the remain 3 (plus one more off camera) to make oil deport type things to act as impassable terrain as we dont have much of that.

IMG_0612.jpgIMG_0613.jpgIMG_0614.jpgIMG_0615.jpgIMG_0616.jpg

Paint wise, I have used some thick school paint to cover the pots and then put tiny stones over them. Now im waiting for it to dry before moving on.

CC is more than welcome.

Would like some ideas on:
    1) should i put a 3rd put on the other side of the tower?
    2)What type of colour would you go for with the pots for the tower.
    3) for the oil ones i plan to put a little pump/tap but again what colour would you go with these (clearly they need danger signs over them)
    4)I have the door on one of the pots (aka stairs inside) and a ladder one the second pot (its round the other side). I then have the ladder to get from them to the top. Does this seem fair rules wise???

Thanks for any help you give.

Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Sorry also wanted to add, rules wise i would say you get no cover from on tops (why I dont plan to put any walls or anything). It works more as a LOS block and not helping things which sit in scenary and shoot, as we have a lot of that already!
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Cool concept and very nice. I might have just put the gravel on the roofs and kept the sides smooth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Added a bit more colour to them but no detail yet. I will base them to make them look old. I like MDSW's idea and will remove some from the top 2/3rds of the sides with the base helping to show a build up at the bottom.

IMG_0623.jpgIMG_0624.jpg

Was removing this at school today and couldn't help thinking "that will make a cool piece of scenary." Should have it like a toxic dump with big keep away signs etc.
    IMG_0627.jpg

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

That is what I call "fun with next to nothing!!" My 40k board is mainly a scorched earth with rocks and craters, but I have always been intrigued with making a bunch of apocalyptic industrial-type buildings.

You have inspired me, sir, but it might have to wait for me to get through a few more minis that have been sitting around way too long....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Thank you. I do think scenary is the best part and I'm new at making scenary.
    Im gonna continue this over the holidays - will start basing and go from their but I will be picking up a GK dreadknight on tuesday to convert into an Ork Mega dread. I really enjoyed converting a DE raider into an ork looted ship (pirate one to that - found here (My ork project))

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

I started with this and some wood.
    IMG_0626.jpg
    And ended up with this. The walls took a long time as i carved the bricks out of the wood so they were indented to show where the cement is.
    Still have a few more things to add but any C&C is welcome!
    IMG_0634.jpgIMG_0635.jpg

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

That work you did on the tank is great. Might have taken a long time to carve it out, but it was worth it. The tank silos are also pretty nice, too. If you add some colour to them, I'd recommend going back and doing a little water damage (streaks running down the sides) and rust. That would give it a bit of character.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Thanks, you read my mind.
    I was gonna try using FW weathering powders to help making it look old. Any tips on how to show the leaks?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

tried to add a little bit more and some leaks
    IMG_0657.jpgIMG_0658.jpgIMG_0659.jpgIMG_0660.jpg
    needs some more weathering now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast