Magnet size for Space Marine arms? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    26 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

479 (x8)

Magnet size for Space Marine arms?

So I'm thinking of magnetizing my SM sergeants and HQs and am curious what size magnets work best for burying into space marine arms and torsos. That way I can do weapon loadout swaps in the future in case my list changes.

So help me LO-B-one Kenobi, you're my only hope.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

im currently using 2mm diameter magnets for my terminators and they do the job fine, havnt looked into using them on standard marine torsos but i think just by looking at them they would do fine. Main problem is due to them being small the hold isnt as strong as i would have liked so any large guns and similar might sag abit

these are the magnets, iv also got some 5mm ones which i use for tanks which work fantastic but are far too large for anything except torso swapping for standard marines (i use it for attack bikes and speeder gunners)
    eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

14 (x1)

I tried all possible kinds of magnets, and the best option - 3x2mm disks, but they have to be strong, N45 minimum. They will fit fine marines arms, also for terminators there is a little trick, you can cut out shoulder from the arm, glue shoulder and shoulderpad, put magnet there, because there are less shoulder pads then there are arms in box.

Oh, and one more thing, it is far easier to find magnets than proper drill, so I'd suggest you to start with drill and 3-5 spare 3mm drill bits.

+ Reply to Thread