Marine captain substitutes and question regarding Finecast... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

95 (x2)

Marine captain substitutes and question regarding Finecast...

Hey guys.

Basically I want your thoughts on whether you think this guy: Warhammer 40k Finecast Space Marine Sternguard Veteran | eBay equipped with an Iron Halo on his backpack would look like a marine captain, or failing him any of the following:-

Space Marine Veteran with Bolter | Games Workshop

Ultramarines Tyranic War Veterans 2 | Games Workshop (guy on the right)

Just curious really because I wouldn't mind (for a change) a marine captain who looks more like a standard marine but is still easily distinguishable (i.e the iron halo)

I must admit that tyrannic veteran is very pretty indeed... a quick fluff justification of using him is already zooming round my head of him being promoted during the ultramaring-Tyranid wars, and during said wars losing his arm...

Anyway, onto Fine-cast... basically is it any good? I've never bought or used it before, but I've heard bad things about it, and seen first hand an Eldar autarch (the winged one) a friend of mine bought, who's arm (thanks to the casting) was at a really really weird angle... what are your experiences? And would you reccomend (if any of the above models look like captain material) picking them up in their old metal format?

Last edited by Blackadder; January 15th, 2012 at 00:07.

2. Remove Advertisements

2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

Dude the thing I LOVE about Codex marines, is that any of the cooler models could easily pass as a Captain heck even a CM if you wanted too.
    I've used Finecast and I don't think it's that bad. I in fact like it, when they...if they release Lucius in Finecast I'm going to get it. Even a cast is horrid, just call up the customer service and get it fixed. The customer service, from my experience, has been more than accommodating

33 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

459 (x8)

The first two id say yes(though its odd to have a bekie captain).
    The last one i have and i must say no,he is just a blinged up tactical marine.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!

+ Reply to Thread