What are you, some kind of jester? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you, some kind of jester?

I've been looking around for a suitable way of converting crypteks and I found http://blog.spikeybits.com/2011/11/n...onversion.html (sorry, I never quite got how to hyperlink) which I really enjoyed, but after converting up a similar design, I started to wonder if the bone "frills" if you will, looked too much like something a jester would wear. So, I what do you guys think?

Last edited by Durandall; January 23rd, 2012 at 22:26.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Probably depends a bit on how you paint them. But I don't think it looks all that jester-ey, especially since its attached to a giant metal killing machine.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadstar_MRC View Post
    Probably depends a bit on how you paint them. But I don't think it looks all that jester-ey, especially since its attached to a giant metal killing machine.
    I'm going with a bone/metal type of scheme, which will hopefully look alright. As soon as the weather plays nice for priming. Thanks for the reply, Deadstar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i think they ooh really good, they really suit the necron feel and as long as you don't do a harlequin paint job they should be fine

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

I'd go with it. The frills will help differentiate your crypteks better at a quick glance from your lords with their capes. And, so long as you stick to the same scheme, it shouldn't come across as clown-like or anything.

+ Reply to Thread