Warhammer table! pic heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer table! pic heavy

hi guys. id like to show u my new table!

tell me what can i do better, what u like and what sucks. thanks for constructive criticism.

Last edited by danjones87; January 28th, 2012 at 00:12.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

It looks good, but isn't this a bit of a shameless plug? Joining up just to post it.....not sure if it's even allowed.....

LK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it is. but iam gonna make it up for ya with my new projects and tutorials, that are w8ing for little cash injection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Umm, its a forum and he can post what he likes within the rules.

Nice table, I think a few extra shades of flock around the pathes you have would be good as well as a little dry brushing. Keep up the good work.

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kritislik View Post
    It looks good, but isn't this a bit of a shameless plug? Joining up just to post it.....not sure if it's even allowed.....

LK
    Yes - Damn him for joining up and sharing hobby related content! Damn him to hell!

The board looks great. Always prefered building modular boards like yours myself - makes storage problems so much easier. I especially like the trees - they look great, my one concern with them is that with all the leaves and branches up on top, they do a very poor job of blocking line of sight, so your board looks fairly friendly to an all out shootyfest. Then again, with all the modular terrainpieces, you could easily toss more terrain onto there if you'd like.

Good job.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

I think all the scenery looks nice. The dragon's teeth came up great.

I'm not so keen on the terrain textuing though. I know a lot of people do it so must like it but for my eyes doing grass in solid patches just doesn't look natural.

I'd add some more static grass around the edges to fade them out and avoid the harsh division you have atm:
    http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/11/...4_257ab7f6.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...k_-_166608.jpg
    Also the steep hill edges tend to be the most subject to erosion so it looks most natural if there's little to no grass on the sides. For feature and interest maybe add some coarse sand to represent gravel instead?

Also some kind of detail to help explain why the muddy areas are muddy would be cool. Maybe adding some water effects, battle damage or tread marks to show how the grass got ground up and destroyed would help to sell it. They'd be easy to do with some generic wall plaster and a spare rhino, just gloop on a few lines then press the treads into it when it's semi-set. The closeups look good but adding some extra details like that would really help to make it go "next level".
    Last edited by Korona; January 28th, 2012 at 03:20.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that made with flat pieces of the citadel game board? It looks like it is but not sure since its flat but you can buy just flat sections. It looks pretty good. Some experiences from doing my citadel table... It almost looks like you used the kit they make for the table. The brown looks like that brown but it only looks like one kind of grass. If tou used that kit, use both shades of the grass. If not, maybe get some darker ciloured grass to offset what you have and give it a more natural look. What also helps set it off is drybrushing the brown with ochre.
    But Im picking nits because you asked... it looks pretty good right now.
    Rules for playing massive tabletop games with star wars miniatures!
    http://starwarstabletopbattles.webs.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

I like the board
    "To Triumph without Risk, is to Conquer without Glory!"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

I like the board, too. Some of the comments above are certainly valid regarding a little more subtle blending of the colors - especially the bright green grass. That looks a little out of place, but can be fixed with a little airbrushing or blending a mixture of other textures. However, your scenery and block walls look great. And, the base board and most of the terrain is suitable for 40k or fantasy, if you wish.
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey. nice to hear so enthusiastic reaction to my work. its not citadel table, i made it from chipboard and some wood. grass.. i bougtt 1/4 kg (half pound?) of that grass for shameless price about 15 euros and its really quite large bag so i thought thats its gonna be enough for some work i want to do, but i have same feeling that u guys. so maybe i will use other green flicks i have (those from trees) thanks again!! glad u liked it

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. September 10th, 2014, 18:51