necron colour scheme help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

necron colour scheme help

Hello all, as the topic states I am currently stuck for a colour scheme for my new army, well, I am having a hard time deciding between two different ones

First, my initial idea was to have a sandstone themed army with the armor plates obviously looking like sandstone tiles and having some kind of dark stone or something else for the joints and other parts (weapons being NMM copper or bronze if I had the time). for vehicles I was going to make them mainly the same sandstone look except for the gost arks which would be some form of wood. I.e. a rather Egyptian, deserty looking army
    Now, the main problem with this is that I have no idea how to paint a yellowy orange sandstone and what would look good for the joints,

Second, seeing that I had no idea how to paint the first scheme I looked to a more asian influenced theme with terracotta plates, some sord of obsidian for the joints and other bits and some form of jade for the normal green rods of the warriors
    The main problems I have found with this so far is that the brighter orange terracotta looks terrible so I am taking a darker approach and goinng by that, the vehicles will look rather boring unless I add something too them, maybe even make them jade

however, currently i am leaning towards the dark terracotta, the only problem is, how does one paint jade?

Please any advice, ideas, tips and guides (especially for the jade) would be much appreciated

Thanks

Fear the Wrath of the ANZAC Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x3)

Jade is generally painted in the fashion that gems are. There is a really good walkthrough available on coolmini that will show you (I'm on phone so can't link sorry).

I like the idea of doing necrons akin to the dwemmer guardians from elder scrolls games. Beautiful mixes of bronze for the skeletal shell

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Try Vallejo, P3 or Coates D'arms for a jade since GW got rid of their jade green in the 1990's.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat
    Try Vallejo, P3 or Coates D'arms for a jade since GW got rid of their jade green in the 1990's.
    Yeah they tell you to mix dark angels green with enchanted blue or something stupid now...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think the jade theme sounds like the most interesting of the two. Do consider how the faces of the Necrons will look. The masks they have can strongly influence the outcome of the paint job. White would work well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i decided to go with the terracotta theme, and after playing around and stripping the models twice, a 1:1 mix of mechrite red and scorched brown works best as a base, now i just have to figure out the highlights. also the joints and non armored bits were going to be 1:1 chaos black and charadon granite but it looked odd so i found that just drybrushing the granite before anything else works much better and i have less chance of erroneous painting

hopefully it all works out
    Fear the Wrath of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Dark Flesh, wash with devlin mud, reapply dark flesh then hilight by mixing in some flesh colour or vermin fur.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)