'Dainty' Swords - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Dainty' Swords

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

'Dainty' Swords

Hey guys. I'm looking for a 'dainty' sword to be carried by a lass. Preferably a Katana in style or at least a single edged blade but I don't mind it being a long sword or some such, as long as it's 'pretty'. Now all the ones GW sells are built for 8ft tall super men/monsters so their range is woefully lacking. I've checked a few sites but I can for the life of me find any.

Do you know any decent models or sites out there that cast to a fine quality or, better yet, have something I'm looking for? Plastic, resin, metal is no matter to me and neither is the price. Help!!

Also looking for a model of a lass with a pretty face........ So I can hack it off and put it on another model.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

Howling Banshee swords are sleek and small but still deadly looking. Plus they're female anyway so that might work best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

What about making your own out of some Plasticard?

Could control the size and style yourself, could be difficult with you wanting it to be 'dainty' but a little patience and you could do it

LK

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The Banshe blades could work. Although even though suffer from the normal GW huge sword syndrome. I forgot to say I was after Fantasy style swords too Sorry.

Plasticard would be far to brittle. I could probably do it it but filing it down would even cause it to snap. It's a git to work with when it's that fine. Trust me............. I did Saw blades.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

28mm Katana/Samurai swords can be gotten in mass quantities and sizes from the Wargames Factory Rising Sun series. I got some of the Samurai and Ashigaru kits and they come with loads of them - very sleek and proportioned.

Also, some nicely proportioned fantasy style can be gotten from their Viking/Saxon line - I got a couple sprues of those, too.

If you were closer, Lord B, I would send you a couple different ones - I have loads of extras!!!
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

If your wallet is ok with it, LotR models have somewhat smaller sizes. Arwen has a pretty one, so do all the other Rivendell elves.

How about taking one from a cheap guy and just filing/sharpening it into shape?
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

MDSW: Cheers for the site by the way. I've never heard of that company. Looking at all the bits almost made me late for work I was more interesting in the Danes/Vikings though.... Samuri were cool but the blades were possibly a little on the shy side of being detailed. I'm far too fussy.

Digger:
    Not even thought to look. Which is stupid because I have been looking at all the new LOTRs goodies. I'll check 'em out as soon as I get back from work...... Yay, work.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Has anyone had dealings with this company before? Are they any good? Trust worthy etc??

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

I don't know if you're still looking for a head, but Privateer Press has a good one here, or at least I think so. They also have a few good sword models here, here, and here.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Cheers for the links mate. I think I'm pretty set on this head though. It's a shame to take a Knife to her but needs must!!!

+ Reply to Thread