Custom Battle Wagon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Battle Wagon

2012-02-14_13-33-30_87.jpg2012-02-14_13-33-54_625.jpg2012-02-14_13-34-22_179.jpg2012-02-14_13-34-40_316.jpg
    So I had half of a land raider awhile back (GW forgot to put the rest of the kit in the box and the local store was able to just get me a new one)
    and found some pieces laying around to make a custom Ork battle wagon. I am going for the Red Paint Job look if you didn't notice. I am still missing some pieces on it so I am thinking about buying an actually battle wagon for the spare parts. Let me know what you like, don't like, and maybe on things you would like to see on it. I am also thinking about making a couple more for my speed freak army if money allows. Cause I really like the look of the land raider with the sloppy ork look.
    More pictures will come when I do more detailing on the model I just have the base coat, ink, and a coat of paint on the model. I am hoping since I posted it I will be more motivative to finish up faster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

That looks great! The customization so far is awesome. Looks like part of the model.

It could use a little more "Orkiness" though to give it the full effect. It looks great from the front and attached parts are good, some of it blends in but there's large parts that are still just Land Raider. Would it be possible to add a but more paneling or other bits to the back and sides?

Awesome idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I am actually missing the top gun part and there are two orks with heavy stubber on either side. I think I am going to break down and buy the GW battle wagon to put more of the orky feel to the model. Thanks for the ideas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some more pictures, and I did some metal touch ups and the sun logo on the side. I am buying a ork truck to add some more orky touches.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I really like it. It's simple but looks really effective. Do you have any more plans for extra stuff on it?

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I am actually going to probably give you some more pictures by tomorrow, I am buying a war truck for the orks to get some extra bits. And I am also adding an ork on either side with the big shootas plus the two with rocket launchers but I am just finishing up some detail work on the tank then the extra stuff is getting put on. Thanks for the complements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2012-02-18_01-27-48_667.jpg2012-02-18_01-27-29_741.jpg2012-02-18_01-28-18_672.jpg2012-02-18_01-28-45_233.jpg
    Finished up all the basic painting on the tank and now just doing some detail work. Plus adding the orks on slowly but surely, Let me know what you think...

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Looks really good, the Big Shoota is a nice addition there. Are you planning on giving it a lot of scrapes and battle damage?

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea that is the plan it is going a little slower than I thought it would and I have the other big shoota to put on the the other side.

+ Reply to Thread