how to work with Resin? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all,

I just bought my first Eldar models, and they are all made from resin. It's entirely new for me and I did some googling on it regarding pre-painting stuff you have to do.

I've checked for airbubbles (none, thankfully!)
    There is alot of bending on the weapons, but nothing that some heat and gently pressure can't solve.
    Alot of flash/excess resin but thats easily solved with a hobby knife.

But: there is also sonethibg shiney on the models, I believe it's a release agent for the mould, which would mess up the paint job.
    I've soaked the models in cold (to prevent more bending) soapy -regular handsoap- water for a good two hours. Left it to dry overnight (haven't rubbed it with a towel or anything). But it is still on the models. Am I cleaning it wrong? Am I to gentle? How should I properly clean them?
    Any other tips/suggestions are more then welcome.

Thank you in advance

BR

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Soaking in cold water takes a long time and will not give you a certain result of removing the release agent. To remove the release agent you need to use hot/warm soapy water. Simply put your models into a basin with the warm soapy water. Then use an old, soft toothbrush to gently, carefully but thouroughly scrub them. Then just rinse them off with warm, clean water and leave them to dry.

It is best to do this before you fix any problems where parts of the models have been bent. Once it is done you can get to work on fixing any bent parts and trimming the models etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    Soaking in cold water takes a long time and will not give you a certain result of removing the release agent. To remove the release agent you need to use hot/warm soapy water. Simply put your models into a basin with the warm soapy water. Then use an old, soft toothbrush to gently, carefully but thoroughly scrub them. Then just rinse them off with warm, clean water and leave them to dry.

It is best to do this before you fix any problems where parts of the models have been bent. Once it is done you can get to work on fixing any bent parts and trimming the models etc.
    Ahh oke, thanks alot! I'll give it a shot, thank you.

BR

+ Reply to Thread