Stepping up my painting. NMM help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stepping up my painting. NMM help

Hi all, i have been around wargaming etc for a couple of decades now.
    As time has passed i have tried to slowly build my painting up. By rihts that should have me painting demon winning entries....i wish!
    But i have slowly improved. But like many an old dog, i find new techniques borderline terrifying.

I now find myself teetering on the edge and wanting to try NMM but havent the foggiest idea on how to go about it or what colours are best suited.
    Does anyone have any good tutorials or guides to help an aged painter step up.

Oh and just so theres a little eye candy. My most recent works are all Malifaux related and heres some pics.

My Guild Oregas

My partners Resssurectionists red chapel crew i painted for her

A few of my other Malifauc models

And to finalise the insanity that was our cardstock malifaux gaming table

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I've always been tempted by Malifaux models, to the point where I have them ready to pay for on a site lol. I never knew they did a board though and that looks pretty bloody awesome.

As for the NMM I did have a tutorial I used but after half an hour search I can't find it. Might be on the other lap top but that'll have to wait till I get back from work. You vcould try a good old "NMM Tutorial" into Google and see what it comes up with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Borak.

The board isnt the one produced by wyrd games. Though they do have their 'terraclips' stuff. This is all home made from the worldworksgames pdf downloads.
    About a month and half from first print out to finished board but well worth it and it can always be expanded at will.

As for Malifauxs figures, they caught my eye a few years ago when i saw the 'seamus' figure. A couple of years later i met my now fiancee and she loved the look so we jumped in. I now seem to be a wyrd henchman and love the game and quirky idea of cards instead of dice.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Just noticed you're new to the Forum. So, Welcome! Right, Now that's over we can talk about toys.

I'm taking a trip to that site to download some. They sound like a pretty good idea and, although the lack of texture would annoy me, they're good for cracking out for a quick game of Necromunda or Mordheim.

The Malifaux mini's have a nice style to them and they, or at least some of them, tend to be a little more realistic that the miniatures produced by GW. The quality looks good too (is it as good as it looks? I've been caught out before)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all honesty if you a half decent painter then you can do good work with their figs. Anything above half decent and you can do wonders.

Only crit would be that sometimes the joins can be a tad small, like hands meeting arms. But they are few and far between.

I own about 8 crew boxes and several blister packs and i can hand on heart say they have never given me a bad model. From the few issues others have had, wyrd are normally very quick to address any problems.

They have produced one or 2 mixed kits in resin/metal. Though i have yet to try these but thats just down to funds.

As a nice plus side, they ran with a model named 'miss pack' a female nurse. I believe she is now oop but im sure there are plenty still doing the rounds in unopened boxes. The general deal was that someone in packing randomly dropped a 'miss pack' into crew box sets. A funny take on the concept, but a gorgeous model none the less.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

I have seen the Malifaux boards before, some kind of clip system i there.

Malifaux has always chased me too, its not a large amount of models needed, just terrain instead.

There is a quick tutorial HERE on NMM.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread