CSM Painting Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

CSM Painting Advice

I'm starting to play Warhammer 40K again soon and I have decided on a Word Bearers force, unfortunately I aren't exactly an amazing painter and I have no idea what to do to make the models look good so I just wanted to ask a few questions.

What do foundation paints do? - Do I need a basecoat as well or does this replace that?

Which shades of red would you recommend to get a dark-ish red for the armour?

What washes do I need to use?

For the sliver parts of the amour what colours would you recommend for a dark metal colour? (Similar to boltgun metal but a bit lighter)

What colours will contrast well on other bits of the models (Mutated body parts, power weapons, skin tones, Daemons I may summon, other chaosy bits)

What shades of metal would be best to use for the weapons?

As well as the usual skin colour I also want some dudes to have different coloured skin, what's a good way to make skin colour and what other shades should I use to get the same effect but in grey?

What methods will I need to apply the paint? (Dry brushing, Blending ect)

Anything else you think is relevant

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

31 (x1)

Hello there!

I myself am starting a Word Bearers force and I've found these two guides whoch give a very different look at the end, hope these help a bit:
    A guide by someone on Flickr
    and this one from B&C

+ Reply to Thread