Storm shield suggestions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Storm shield suggestions

I'm looking for a storm shield to put on a power armoured model. I'd like the vanilla marine look, though sword iconography is a plus.

Anybody have any suggestions?

As of right now, I'll probably just go with basic terminator shields and shave down the hand a little so that it fits a little better. Really, the hand will be hidden behind the shield itself and I don't think anybody will see how over-sized it is. Part of me also likes that the shield itself will be a little over-sized for the PA model, which will look a little better than an appropriately sized one.

I've also considered ordering the PA Hammer/Shield set from GW. My main concern with this one is that I don't know what the back of the shield looks like, or how it fixes to the model. I noticed the hammers are left handed. The issue I have is that most weapons that will be attached to the models will be right-handed, so if the shields are also right handed oriented, it might cause problems down the road. Not entirely, though, it'll probably work for me sometimes and other times not. My main concern with this option is that I really wish I could see what the backs of the storm shields looked like before I buy.

Another consideration is the old Chapterhouse fallback. They have a few shields to pick from, but nothing that really meshes well with my chapter.

I also have a storm shield from the Dark Angels Veterans kit, which does have a nice looking sword right in the middle, but shaving off the wings is going to be a big project in and of itself. One that I don't know if I can tackle and leave the shield intact. I might give it a try, but if I can pull it off once, I'd be very wary of trying it again. I'm leaving this one as my first try, but really as my last resort.

So help me, modelers of LO, you're my only hope. What do you suggest for storm shields on power armoured marines?

EDIT: Oh, I should also mention that I'm ordering from the US.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try having a look at scibor minatures web site. Many interesting designs and shapes all in resin and easily available .They do many different designs based on the ancient world but may be worded to avoid complications with GW .I have been assured that they fit with most of GW product but if in doubt ask , they tend to reply fairly quickly to questions and are generaly helpfull .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if your still looking for help with this question but when i made the stormshield for my emperors champion I used a brass aquila and cut off one of the wings, alot of the etched brass make good shields i even considered making my emperors champion an imperial fist so i could use that etched brass
    Adopticus, you left the rest and joined the best

+ Reply to Thread