Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Lord Boark - Vampiress

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • redarmy27 - 'Stalker'

Votes: 19 63.3%

[LO PAINTING CONTEST VOTING] 'From the Shadows'

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Muse2k8 
#1 ·
So, we come to the voting portion of this month's contest. Less entries than I had expected but we still got some. Lets take a look at our lovely contestants...

Kuffy - DIY Snikrot

Lord Borak - Vampiress

Redarmy27 - 'Stalker'

Who do you like the best? VOTE!

Kuffy

See less See more
#7 ·
He's wearing camo, what's not stealthy about that? ;) Nah, I get the point though. I think if I had fully finished the base it might have helped a bit further.

wot iz i doing votin agent da orkz...

but yeah redamy's is stunning

can i request a colour for the next painting comp, have some time on my hands this month and would love to paint some colours besides red and gold..
Ah, now that is up to the winner. Whoever that might be... ;)

Great job to both of you! A special thanks goes to Kuffy for holding the competition as well. It was just the "umph" and kick in the butt I needed to get painting again.

Kuffy - DIY Snikrot
Kyffy, your Orc has a ton of character. I think a lot of people need to take the time to look closely at the amount of detail you packed into this guy. The metallic are great. The skin tones are very interesting and detailed. The camo on his backpack and uniform are wonderful! Great job on him.

Lord Borak – Vampiress
L.B., you get my vote. The execution of the model is simple but incredibly effective. You use colors to great effect and create a stark but “cold” feeling model. The skintone on her is fantastic and is something I’m really looking at getting the hang of, especially the way you do the subtle lighting on the skin. Excellent work.

Stalker – me.
I’m always very critical of my own work so I could name off a million things that I should improve upon. Overall, it was a fun miniature to build and paint. I consider this a stepping stone onto my progression in the hobby. It was joy to paint, but I could improve in several areas.
Great job guys!

My vote: Lord Borak – Vampiress
Thanks a lot. I was pretty pleased with how he finally turned out. I wasn't sure on the camo scheme but I find I like it more and more. There are better - none based - photos on my blog.

That's two entries out of two for me. How long can I keep it up?! Place your bets now*!!

* Please send all donations bets to Kuffy at...

Kuffy

#4 ·
I don't think that it is quite as cut and dried as that.

Lord Borak - Vampires by definition exist in the shadows and Borak has done a splendid job on her. The tattoo on the back is outstanding and although the flesh could possibly have come up a shade or 2 lighter that is probably just the camera flattening it out. If Borak had photographed her on a darker background he would creat a very different feel for her, much more evil and sinister.

Kuffy - While orcs are not typically stealthy creature this one has gone to the effort of wearing camoflauge, and in a particularly stealthy effort managed to kill without losing himself in the redmist and going beserk. In my head he crept up behind a guardsman and sliced their throat very quiet like. This probably would have got my vote except my idea of a stelathy orc is one of those cartoon bushes that creeps up on someone on tiptoes.

Red Army - This was disappointing, with the others I had to use imagination and stuff yours tells the whole story for me, how droll.

Outstanding entrants from all 3 though, sorry that nothing I said was actually constructive, I won't tell you who I voted for or even if I voted though.

#5 ·
I like the idea of an Ork for the competition - thinking out side the box is awesome.

I felt like this was a painting competition more than a diorama one. Maybe my approach is wrong, but I felt that it was more direct and to the point and from this perspective there could only be one winner for me. I felt like the degree of difficulty on one of the entries was higher than the other two. It also featured more rich colours with excellent highlighting just the way I personally prefer it.

Great job all three of you!

#6 ·
Great job to both of you! A special thanks goes to Kuffy for holding the competition as well. It was just the "umph" and kick in the butt I needed to get painting again.

Kuffy - DIY Snikrot
Kyffy, your Orc has a ton of character. I think a lot of people need to take the time to look closely at the amount of detail you packed into this guy. The metallic are great. The skin tones are very interesting and detailed. The camo on his backpack and uniform are wonderful! Great job on him.

Lord Borak – Vampiress
L.B., you get my vote. The execution of the model is simple but incredibly effective. You use colors to great effect and create a stark but “cold” feeling model. The skintone on her is fantastic and is something I’m really looking at getting the hang of, especially the way you do the subtle lighting on the skin. Excellent work.

Stalker – me.
I’m always very critical of my own work so I could name off a million things that I should improve upon. Overall, it was a fun miniature to build and paint. I consider this a stepping stone onto my progression in the hobby. It was joy to paint, but I could improve in several areas.
Great job guys!

My vote: Lord Borak – Vampiress

#8 ·
All three are amazing pieces.

I had to with the sniper, though. A miniature doesn't exist within a vacuum, the base does do a lot to contribute to the story that the mini tells. Even in tabletop quality work, the base is still there to put the mini into the setting, be it a desert landscape, forest world, or urban environment.

#10 ·
Dont tell me the dragon in her back is a free hand?
Ok, I wont ;)

Congrats to Redarmy on his entry and winning. :) Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what's next??? It better be something I can enter.... I only have Empire foot troops and a barbarian woman I can use......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.