Necrosphinx as a c'tan shard: Ideas needed (+ my own) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necrosphinx as a c'tan shard: Ideas needed (+ my own)

Hello, I decided to go with this model as a representation of a c'tan shard.

Here's side for reference, although it's not using the same headpiece as I am using.

Some additional information...
    My army is a bleached bone scheme with light blue in place of the green gauss color. I also have light blue gems on such things as annihilation barges and stuff.
    This is not my model, but this is a nearly perfect example, except replace the red with a light blue color...

Anyways. How would I go about painting a necrosphynx to make it more 'c'tany' or 'otherworldly' as opposed to a tomb king statue. Should I paint it as a sort of opposite to my current color scheme, making the armor a ultramarine-bright blue and layering subsequent lighter and lighter blues for the armor, and the lion body a sort of khaki color/light brown color?

Anyways, I literally spent 6 hours developing and coming up with this test scheme on GIMP image editing software. Give me your ideas as to what you think. I like the fact that it is bright, stands out, just like the original Egyptian sphinx was supposed to back in the day when it actually existed (it consisted of very bright colors as opposed to how we see it now)

Also, are there any ideas for different weapons I could use in place of his arms? Any other ideas to make him a bit 'different'?

Thanks

Attached Images
    Last edited by Mirtazpine; April 20th, 2012 at 11:09.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

This is a really cool idea... to kind of separate from the tomb kings, remove the scorpion stinger, blades, and maybe some of the ornate bits that necrons may not have? i would think painting it closely with your army will also help solidify its presence. Picking out any gem stones and other pieces that might glow.

I'm a fan of putting gauss blasters where his blades used to be... but thats just an idea to get the ball rolling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stratarose View Post
    This is a really cool idea... to kind of separate from the tomb kings, remove the scorpion stinger, blades, and maybe some of the ornate bits that necrons may not have? i would think painting it closely with your army will also help solidify its presence. Picking out any gem stones and other pieces that might glow.

I'm a fan of putting gauss blasters where his blades used to be... but thats just an idea to get the ball rolling
    I like that idea too. Maybe tesla as well if I were to go with the thunderbolt power. Or one blaster and another arm with a cc weapon of some sort.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as far as the paint scheme goes? Should I paint it bleached bone like my army, or more unique like the simulation I provided? I need a lot of advice in this area because I posted this on several forums and hardly got any advice whatsoever regarding painting this thing.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread