Custom Terrain Competition - Vote Now! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which entry is best?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Entry #1

37 77.08%
  • Entry #2

8 16.67%
  • Entry #3

3 6.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Custom Terrain Competition - Vote Now!

There may only be three entries but they are all terrific. How you will decide who is the best...well thats beyond me!

For the rules and information please visit the original thread: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...wargaming.html

Entry #1 - Enchanted Spring

enchantedspringf1.jpg

In Progress Thread: http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/modelling/220750-enchanted-spring.html#post1911868

Entry #2 - Tyranid Digestion/Bio-Decomposition Pool

Digestion-Pool---001.jpg

In Progress Thread: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1916392

Entry #3 - Ruined Coaching Inn

SANY0320.jpg

In Progress Thread: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1916854

Voting will be open until May 1, 2012!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

I put in my vote. Good luck everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

My vote is in.

I thought I might do alright with my inn, but I see now I'm not even in the same league as the other two. Props to much better craftsmen than I.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Raganok View Post
    My vote is in.

I thought I might do alright with my inn, but I see now I'm not even in the same league as the other two. Props to much better craftsmen than I.
    My thoughts exactly, first place to this has been easily handed to Guilliman. I suppose you can't argue with a primarch!

So I suppose it's just a competition for second place then. Best of luck Raganok!

I don't mind how I go in this one. Time I start thinking about the short story comp!

Community Leader Roboute Guilliman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

553 (x8)

I'll admit mine did come up alright, but its mostly thanks to a bunch of random packets of foliage from the train shop. The only thing that really required any skill was the tree trunks which i kind of fluked. The rest was just gluing things down. I'm glad you think it looks good. I really had to do well here because I really suck at writing.

...also, the link to entry #2 work in progress thread doesn't work its missing a "w"
    Last edited by Roboute Guilliman; April 26th, 2012 at 10:53.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Mate you've got this comp in the bag, I wouldn't be too worried if I were you! Your scenery piece looks truly amazing, it really deserves the win.

And even if you do suck at writing, I expect you have something like 20 votes or more at the end of this. Add in the bonuses, you got 30+ votes. That's double what anybody else would have at this stage in the competition. The only way you could possibly not win this is by getting 0 votes for your story, and then having one of us that's competed in all the rounds get something like 15. I doubt that's going to happen.

To be honest I don't particularly care about cash prizes, I just wanted to boost my rep and the number of bars I had. Only three or four was pretty pathetic compared to the eight or so I had before.

And thanks for pointing out the dud link , I hadn't noticed that before. Oh and also @KyleT you spelt 'Tyranid' wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

I better start thinking of a story as well.
    While I hoped that my lack of painting wouldn't affect much, I think it has. Oh well, can't do much about it now. Need more foam card then I can start work on a new building.

And Guilliman, "alright" is an understatement, your spring looks awesome. Don't be so modest, you are really good at what you do, so revel in it. I've used the same sort of train stuff before, in fact all my basing materials I got from a hobby store. That just gave me a good idea actually, I could get some cheap dollhouse furniture and destroy it up a bit for the Inn, if the scale is right.

To be honest, I have done better than I thought I would at all, most of the Warhammer stuff I do is fairly moderate at best, but its good enough for me, it just doesn't compare to a lot of other peoples work. I am quite jealous of people who can sculpt, I've tried, and it just isn't in me. I have all these ideas, and no way to get them out of my head. I can't even draw, so that's out of it as well.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

553 (x8)

I actually wasn't interested in the money either, I too just wanted rep. Its like collecting xp in a video game lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

553 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Raganok View Post
    I better start thinking of a story as well.
    While I hoped that my lack of painting wouldn't affect much, I think it has. Oh well, can't do much about it now. Need more foam card then I can start work on a new building.

And Guilliman, "alright" is an understatement, your spring looks awesome. Don't be so modest, you are really good at what you do, so revel in it. I've used the same sort of train stuff before, in fact all my basing materials I got from a hobby store. That just gave me a good idea actually, I could get some cheap dollhouse furniture and destroy it up a bit for the Inn, if the scale is right.

To be honest, I have done better than I thought I would at all, most of the Warhammer stuff I do is fairly moderate at best, but its good enough for me, it just doesn't compare to a lot of other peoples work. I am quite jealous of people who can sculpt, I've tried, and it just isn't in me. I have all these ideas, and no way to get them out of my head. I can't even draw, so that's out of it as well.
    The furniture is a really good idea. even if you just made simple balsa wood bench tables and seats. also if you had some of the rubble remaining from the cave in, it would really pick it up a lot

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Roboute Guilliman View Post
    ...also, the link to entry #2 work in progress thread doesn't work its missing a "w"
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Vrrmik View Post
    And thanks for pointing out the dud link , I hadn't noticed that before. Oh and also @KyleT you spelt 'Tyranid' wrong
    Woops! Massive failure on my part! Sorry!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast