Time lord army. Help needed! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

775 (x8)

Time lord army. Help needed!

Hi I was thinking on doing an Time lords army. If you do not watch doctor who and don't know what a time lord is it's basically an old civilization that mastered time traveling. the idea is to make an 40k army because it's sci-fi. I am thinking on grey knights because they are the best of the best. so now I need som help with how I should make them. I found some awesome concept art that I will follow.
    Doctor Who Recognition guide by Time-Lord-Rassilon on deviantART

so do you guys know how to do this best? I would like to have an terminator/paladin army so they should be around that size.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is going to be very difficult. Watching the End of Time episodes, the time lord aesthetic doesnt really seem to mesh with any of the 40k armies. That said, perhards you're getting the closest with GK. Alternatively, I could see Eldar being converted into timelords with relative ease. If you remember, the basic guard/senator was dressed like the figure in the link you provided. The female seers covered their eyes with their hands. The president was a more regal version of the basic guard. Really, you have a very limited set of references for what a timelord looks like. So, I think you'll have to convert GK into guards, and you can have SoB or some hencemen as seers and then an inquisitor or a GK SC as the president. If you do this, please post pics!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

775 (x8)

thanks for the help! Eldar might work model wise but it's hard to make into an army because the Time Lords should be elite and that's pretty hard to make. perhaps an footslogging army like harlequins... then I could use high elf Phoenix guards as a base model.

If I go with GK I think the easiest way will be to use the dark angels as base models because of the robes. but they are not in terminator size... I have to test

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you convert them enough they wont look much like eldar and you can use them as any army you want within reason. Obviously couldnt be any of the xenos (other than eldar), but could pretty easily fit armies of the imperium with the exception of IG. So, if you decided to use eldar models as the basis for your timelords, you could model them in a way consistent with a greyknights list and it would be allowable under most circumstances from my understanding.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

775 (x8)

I am actually thinking about doing a Harlequin army. pretty simple with normal time lords as harlequins, some sort of rangers as troops, The president as Eldrad and then Wraithlords. it would be cool to have some sort of tardis for the wraithlords but I don't know how I should make that.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

The timelords themselves are not good material for an army - physically they are little stronger than a human and their wars tend to involve rewriting universal rules, not face to face combat (though i'm unfamiliar with the expanded universe).

A better match would probably be a composite whoverse force, i.e. a necron list with Wraith as weeping angels, Sontaran/Cybermen/etc immortals and warriors, Dalek c'tan, and so on. Reanimation protocols become the timelords screwing with history to undo their death, and the timelords themselves are represented by Crypteks and named characters like Orikan.

For timelords only ... Corteaz, Valeria, and a vast horde of Jokaero, mystics, daemonhosts, and warriors with hotshots and special weapons...

+ Reply to Thread