AcesHigh Wood Elf Army Project - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AcesHigh Wood Elf Army Project

Hey all,

I'm getting back into painting after a hiatus of a couple years. I just finished my Wood Elf Lord and it's the best I've done so far! I hope to put up the pictures of my other finished models soon, as well as my WIP. I'm hoping that this thread will give me the kick in the ass I need to finish my army up, as well as see what people think of my painting. I know I'm not spectacular, but I would appreciate constructive criticism so I can grow.

Thanks!
    AcesHigh

Wood Elf Lord

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a very neatly painted model. I would try for more depth on the cloak and the tree branch. Also finishing the base would make it look alot better. The armor is very well done and I like that there is no mteallic in the model.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

4. ThanksAcesHigh thanked for this post.
    LikeAcesHigh liked this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! Yeah I forgot to do the base (oops) but I will shortly and also try to spruce up the branch while I am at it. I wanted the armor to be unique and use as little metallic paints on the model as possible. I am hoping to post some pictures of my dryads this weekend, and also some of my glade guard. In the works are more dryads and glade guard (always), my treekin conversions, my treeman and my lord on a dragon. I'm hoping if I can finish one a month I can finally get my army painted and also get some good feedback along the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have made some more progress, and also wanted to post some models I currently have painted (from the past few years) and some cool conversions I have in progress. Constructive criticism is welcomed! Also, I know I need to base my models better, it's on the to-do list.

Dryads (light and dark styles, I prefer the dark and will probably paint my Treeman and Treekin that way)

Glade Guard, these 12 took me forever and I have another 24 to do at some point....

Glade Riders (collecting dust in 8th edition)

Some old school dryads I did about ten years ago, was just starting to get a hold of this whole painting thing

Wardancers I did about 10 years ago, definitely had problems painting eyes (which is why they are giant black blobs)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work in progress stuff...

Treeman conversion. I added more branches to him, as well as a hapless villager in his claw and another being stomped into the mud. I know it's hard to see when it's basecoated, but I should have some paint on it soon and it will be a little clearer. The stomped villager looks like he is sinking in the mud.

Wood Elf Dragon conversion. I took the High Elf dragon and replaced the rider with a Wood Elf Noble. Not a crazy conversion, but I'm still proud of how it turned out. Only out a couple colors on it, still a WIP.

Treekin conversion. My latest project and my best so far (I think). I don't really care for the GW treekin so I bought the plastic forest kit and converted them into treekin (using Kroot heads).

Finally, I am working on painting my spellsinger, since I just finished my Noble on foot. Got the base layer down, now to start adding detail. I really like how the ivy pattern is coming out. Not too sure if I want the forest spirit to be orange or not, the others in my army are all blue, pink, or purple (one is kinda reddish) and I like the contrast of the bright colors to the more muted earth tones.

Let me know what you think please! Especially on the treekin.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

The convesions look good, the Kroot heads are a bit lost in the treekin but when you get paint on them I am sure that they will be easier to find.

Orange is a good colour to choose with Green, have a look on here to pick out a cool scheme if you want. Otherwise I think the only thing I would change is the blue to a purple tone.

Keep up the great work.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

9. ThanksAcesHigh thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allonairre View Post
    The convesions look good, the Kroot heads are a bit lost in the treekin but when you get paint on them I am sure that they will be easier to find.

Orange is a good colour to choose with Green, have a look on here to pick out a cool scheme if you want. Otherwise I think the only thing I would change is the blue to a purple tone.

Keep up the great work.
    Thanks! I'm going to try to use the paint scheme to highlight their heads so theyre a bit more obvious. I pruned most of the branches away from their faces so theyre not too hidden.

Also, that color scheme website is awesome!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phase 2 (washing) complete on my spellsinger. Now on to phase 3 (profit?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phase 3 complete! One more detail layer and then some drybrushing and glazes and he'll be done! Don't think I'm going to get to finish him this weekend, but hopefully this week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally done with my spellweaver! Once again the real world got in the way and I could only find time on the weekend nights. Once again I have trouble painting eyes.....just can never get the hang of it (which is why I am so happy with the Noble I did earlier). Also, I know I need to do the base, just don't have time at the moment (or experience really, anyone have a link to a good beginners guide to basing?). Let me know what you think!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast