Librarium Online Forums banner

Csm For Latd

530 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cadre_of_storms 
#1 ·
Ok, I have started a LatD pet project and will only use a small ammount of CSM, so those I have I want to look spectacular.
The first CSM will be a Aspiring Champion of Tzeentch. I'm going for a cleaner look than most bloodbathing CSM look like.
This is what I will base it upon; a normal plastic space marine body, high elf silver helm head and fabius bile chirurgeon plus throw in a Tzeentch should pad for good measures. But I don't really know what to use for the legs, I think ordinar space marine legs won't do, I want something else, more sorcerer looking then the fighting pose.
Also I don't know arms yet but that mostly because I don't know what to equip him with.

So any thoughts? Does it sound good/bad, interesting/stupid. Any ideas about the legs which are my biggest problem right now.

/Thanks

#2 ·
im not sure what LatD is but my thoughts on a sorcerer are robes. You could model him sitting crosslegged/lotus postion on a flying base. I've seen that done, i think in white dwarf. Other options would be just flying/hovering in midair. If your really good with putty maybe have him wreathed in flames so the lower half of his body is hidden by the flames. If they were painted green/blue/ it would add to the image of tzeench. I have no idea how you would go about painting that though

#3 ·
LatD stands for: Lost and the Damned (a chaos list in the eye of terror codex)

The robe sounds good, but i don't think that it would fit the look of the chirurgeon...
Try using the legs of the old plastic SMs (2nd ed basic box) or the legs of a raptor. (Tzeentch champions usally have bird like features: claws, beaks etc...)

F

#5 ·
The claws are a little small for lightning claws, but they look cool and it's not a major problem. That way you can use them as a powerweapon in smaller games too.

In the latest UK White Dwarf there's an article on how to convert Space Marine legs. I don't know if it is in the other dwarfs but I suggest you read it. One of the more relaxed standing poses would work good for a sorcerer. Or maybe you could do a hover pose, sort of like Trinity in the Matrix. (I'm so sick of Matrix references, and yet I reference it myself! :) Sort of like this, only cooler, and in power armour :)

#6 ·
while the floating and flame ideas are good you said you wanted a fighting pose how about grey knight marine legs they are quite good for that and if you removed any insignia it should work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.