How To Paint A Harlequin Captured Daemon Prince? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since i do not like daemon princes and i think they are very cheap i have decided to buy one and paint him as if he was captured by my harliequins.

I was thinking about putting him in some sort of cage...and his name is probabily going to be jigglypuff. I was thinking about harlequins and the humiliation of a daemon prince and hot pink came to mind. Unless people advise me otherwise I will probabily start my priming him in black, then paint dark purple over the skin then keep drybrushing lighter colors of him until he is pink.

Any one else have some ideas? For paint mostly... I am a noob at painting and dont know how to do much other than drybrush. as for converting the only tools i have are my fingers, glue, a needle and normal scissors. i could probabily steal my moms kitchen knives.... :ph34r:

so please reccoment to me different paint schemes, or easy ways i can convert my fool. I would like to take off his sword but it looks hard since all i have are scissors......

ANYWAYS please any paint job ideas, or conversion.

take a stab at it. everything is welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Get some REAL tools. SMALL clippers, an Xacto knife or one of these retractable knives with exchangeable blades, that you can break parts of (hard to explain) when they get blunt (the blade is sectioned), MODEL files (or SMALL files for filing metal), a Pin Vice. All except the PV you can buy at almost any DIY store, so don't whine.

When you get these, making the cage and converting the DP will be as easy for you as killing is for a Necron.

The sword you can cut off, drill with the Pin Vice through the clenched fist, and then put a thick piece of wire through, as if he was clenching the bars.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT paint him pink, unless you want him to be a Slaaneshi Daemon Prince. Paint him in some appropriate Chaotic colours, and never ever call him "jigglypuff" (am I correct that this is the name of one of these so-called "Pokemon" things?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK asside from the fluff thing (Harlequins really wouldnt be interested in taking a DP prisoner)

Are you cosideraing painting the DP in harlequin colours? if so ou are gonna have problems, drybrushing is not the best technique for harley colours due to its lack of exacness, if you want to do this, you need to master at least layering.

as for remodel, how about those daft hats with bells on that jesters wore in the middle ages?
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I since this is the one model that i will actually try painting i think ill go out and but the conversion equipment...

anyways i liked the jester ideas.. as well as the dunce cap.

Well i just want to make the daemon prince look like a pansy. The dunce cap and the bells are a great idea...granted i dont know how i will put either of those things on.

I kind of wanted to make the daemon prinfce look like he was knocked out and then the harlequins painted stuff all over him. maybe paint him like the harlies...super bright colors. maybe put some eldar decals over his shoulder pads.

any other great ideas? (and thank you guys that have already contributed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could try some scratch marks over the decals after you've put them on, as if he has tried to rip them off, but to no avail. :rofl:

W/D/L

Dwarfs 1/0/0 (Reset due to new rules)

Space Marines 0/0/0 (still under construction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a gret idea. I want to maybe model a hood or a helmet or something on his head...to make it look like a psychic blocker. I dont know its going to go along with the fluff i wrote. Is that green stuff easy to use? i have never seen it before, and i suck at art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x4)

You'll need some extra sculpting tool for it - or the aforementioned knife and several bits from a manicure set, they'll work about as fine.

GS is not an easy thing to work with, no matter how might you think. You can use it to make the dunce cap, but the hood will simply be too much work for the first time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK, if you are gonna skulpt, dont go for green stuff, go for a mix, I find this is the easiest putty to work with, I use miliput superfine and Green stuff, the difference between the two is GS is more elastic by mixing it with the milliput you should get neater lines and no setting whilst curing. Mix up the milliput, then mix up some green stuff, then mix the two together.

The jesters hood will be easier to do than the hood unless you use the putty banner technique for the hood

The idea about scatching at decals sounds fine in theory but it will, 99% of the time, look like poor/damaged modelling rather than the affect you are trying to achieve.

I suggest you look at the =][= model range, specifically Cherubiel, the bound demon host. I am not suggesting you use the figure, but it may give you inspiration, lots of chains (you can get cheap chain from jewelers shops), and bindings, in the case of Harleys, why not use the putty banner technique to make bandage/bindings then paint them in Harlequin colours?
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. I think im going to pass on sculpting. I thought about it overnight and in know i cant do it. anyways ill work on the chain...I have a dog collar. thinking about using that...Its huge, only fair to use that since daemon princes are insanely strong.

maybe i should just draw smily faces on the shoulder pads.

I think that would look harlequiny. Anyother ideas? should ipainnt the princes skin like every other daemon prince? because i find that somewhat boring. Any neat colors?? I always thought white would look neat. And then i read somewhere about some dipping technique where you dip the model in some
    Minwax Polyshades urethane wood stain

thats how to dip. anyways i thought that would look good, and get rid of all the shading and drybrushing and all that stuff that i can't do.

any other suggestions?

EDIT: i took out the link to the dipping site...i just learnt it was a non no o this server

look for the "dipping" post in this forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x4)

Dipping is not a way either.

+ Reply to Thread