Wow, Who Did He Do That With The Nids? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone tell what colors this guy sued to paint these. They look really good and I want to try it as well. I'm thinking he did blood red, but I can't tell what he sued for the skin highlights. The carapace must be codex grey and then white. The claws must be bleached bone with white highlights.

http://www.hive-fleet-moloch.de/hormagaunts.htm

Can anyone comment?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Red gore highlighted with blood red for the skin.
    Chaos black followed with gray highlights.
    Snot green followed by scorp green for sinews.
    Brown highlighted up to bone for scythes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red gore highlighted with blood red for the skin.

dont forget to highlight with blazing orange afterwards to bring out the brightness .
    AE-86 Twin cam corolla . a beaut !

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/imperator-judicium' target='_blank'>Please visit my website . Imperator -=][=- Judicium .</a>

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mojo.jojo' target='_blank'>LOL &#33; this is one of the funiest videos ive ever seen &#33;</a>

join the librarium-online dawn of war clan <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/librarium/' target='_blank'>HERE</a>

<a href='http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_slayer/index.php?showforum=1' target='_blank'>Check when the next clan game is on here</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by mojo jojo@Nov 5 2004, 10:11
    dont forget to highlight with blazing orange afterwards to bring out the brightness .
    [snapback]244975[/snapback]
    Great. The problem is that I have a black undercoat. Also, I have fiery orange, not blazing orange. Will these factors pose a problem?

Right now I&#39;m still debating if I should do the carapace with light grey highlights or ice blue like the battle of Macragge Nids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think ice blue looks sick, but it might not match with the red of it. try it out on one model first.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>PO-TA-TOES</span>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i know, in todays world, the weak are protected, so evolution is now non-existant for humans. To keep the race moving forwards, there should be tests to see if you are good enough to have kids- k-tana</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cool_hand_luke@Nov 5 2004, 16:51
    i think ice blue looks sick, but it might not match with the red of it. try it out on one model first.
    [snapback]245140[/snapback]

Yep, I have and it looks good. Basically I do a light drybush over the carapace ardges with hawk Turquoise and then I do a more precise highlight with ice blue. They look very similar to the battle of macragge Tyranids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice.

you see the new wd (english) with those knarly blacka nd turquoise and red sm? well they roxor teh bigone111 so i think yours will too, especially if you are handy with the old brushy-dude.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i know, in todays world, the weak are protected, so evolution is now non-existant for humans. To keep the race moving forwards, there should be tests to see if you are good enough to have kids- k-tana</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cool_hand_luke@Nov 5 2004, 17:25
    nice.

you see the new wd (english) with those knarly blacka nd turquoise and red sm? well they roxor teh bigone111 so i think yours will too, especially if you are handy with the old brushy-dude.
    [snapback]245161[/snapback]

Thanks. I just finished a warrior with that scheme and it doesn&#39;t look bad at all. The vents on the side are scorpion green and I traced a line of ice blue around the edges. I think I will stick with it even though I really like the link in my original post.

I&#39;m still trying to master a few painting techniques, currently trying to learn blending. I think it will make the muscles look sick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any pics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, i can&#39;t help you with the colours, but after browsing that site, it&#39;s given me all kind of crazy ideas, so thanks for the link&#33;
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast