Tiny Led Lights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tiny Led Lights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm working on some scenery and need some tiny LED lights. I'm googling while I write this but inital searches aren't coming out so great. Anyone ever modeled just a few tiny LED lights on a piece of scenery with just a small batter?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should have no problem finding them at any Hobby store (Hobby Lobby, Hobby Town, and of course Hobby Center), any where that sells modle trains/airplains. I've seen 'em there - they even come whith a switchblade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh really? I had thought about checking Hobby Lobby. I kinda want to buy some cheap on the net and wire them up myself so that I can build them into my scenery projects. Anyone ever seen a quick 'how to' page or anything of that nature? Otherwise I'll visit Hobby Lobby tomorrow I imagine.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not hard at all to wire them, I used to mess whith stuff like that all the time when i was like 7; I should hope you can do it (JK)

ELD bulbs are pretty much like a reg bulb only the WHOLE bulb is made out of plastic, and a lot of times when people mess whith them the +/- end of the wire brakes off at the start of the actually bulb. And this is almost unfixable; I have a feeling if you order one on ebay or something that it might be broken in this fashion. I would just buy one at a Hobby store, they shouldnt cost that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nods, thanks, I'm rather sure I can do it and all. Just not sure what resistor to use on a single LED attached to a 9 volt battery so that I don't blow the LED. Oh well won't hurt to blow a few in the practice of it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Light Emitting Diodes usually are tiny.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by trinkett42@Nov 5 2004, 19:44
    Nods, thanks, I'm rather sure I can do it and all. Just not sure what resistor to use on a single LED attached to a 9 volt battery so that I don't blow the LED. Oh well won't hurt to blow a few in the practice of it!
    [snapback]245284[/snapback]
    Go down ro Radio Shack they will be happy to answer this (if you buy something from them, of course). I can tell you now that a 9V is to much; maby 2 AAA/AA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most LEDs are around three volts, but can vary quite a bit. When you buy the LED it will have some stats listed. Plug them into the following formula to get the resistor value:

(Supplyvoltage - LED-voltage)/LED-current = Resistor

Example : Supply-Voltage = 20 Volt ,LED-Voltage = 3Volt

LED-Current = 20mA => (20V - 3V)/0.02A = 850 Ohm.

Use 0.5-1 Watt resistors

Radioshack has been the most convenient store for me, but here's some online vendors:
    The LED Light
    Chicago Miniature Light
    Digikey

These sites might give you some creative ideas for circuits:
    Bowden's Hobby Circuits
    Discover Circuits

Quality Kits offers a variety of pre-packaged LED kits with different circuits. You don't have to mount the LED where the kit shows. You can hide the circuit and run wires to an LED anywhere. Quality Kits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in school i am taking an electronic corse and for the basic LED's we use we hook it up to a 100 ohm resister(brown black brown)
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?BlindingRaven' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?BlindingRaven</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by WolfRaider@Nov 6 2004, 031
    Most LEDs are around three volts, but can vary quite a bit. When you buy the LED it will have some stats listed. Plug them into the following formula to get the resistor value:

(Supplyvoltage - LED-voltage)/LED-current = Resistor

Example : Supply-Voltage = 20 Volt ,LED-Voltage = 3Volt

LED-Current = 20mA => (20V - 3V)/0.02A = 850 Ohm.

Use 0.5-1 Watt resistors

Radioshack has been the most convenient store for me, but here&#39;s some online vendors:
    The LED Light
    Chicago Miniature Light
    Digikey

These sites might give you some creative ideas for circuits:
    Bowden&#39;s Hobby Circuits
    Discover Circuits

Quality Kits offers a variety of pre-packaged LED kits with different circuits. You don&#39;t have to mount the LED where the kit shows. You can hide the circuit and run wires to an LED anywhere. Quality Kits
    [snapback]245411[/snapback]
    Ha&#33; I knew you&#39;d come through and have the answers I needed. I spent the morning at a Radio Shack close by and got some more tutoring. Thanks all.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything&#33;

+ Reply to Thread