What Colour Do I Mix To Get Skin Colour? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a blood angel veteren sergeant and i dont no what colour to paint his face. These are the colours i have :

goblin green blood red ultramarine blue sunburst yellow boltgun metal and skull white.....wich of these colours can i mix to get a skin colour....or......can i just buy a skin colour paint from GW.

(Y) !!!!thanks!!!! (Y)

p.s. add me to msn messenger : stuart_brent01@hotmail.com

''Courage and Honour!'' Ultramarines battle cry

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stu, cut down on the emoticons aight, and yes you can buy numerous flesh colours from gw.

there is also a sight somewhere showing how to mix every colour starting with just red green and blue (i think) but i forget what it was.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>PO-TA-TOES</span>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i know, in todays world, the weak are protected, so evolution is now non-existant for humans. To keep the race moving forwards, there should be tests to see if you are good enough to have kids- k-tana</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although i would recommend buying dwarf flesh from a Games Workshop store, in a pinch, mix together Blood Red and Skull white to get a pink, then add a little goblin green untill you get a flesh colour.
    I live in your eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

red and yellow makes orange , orange and white make&#39;s a flesh colour . and thats that .
    AE-86 Twin cam corolla . a beaut &#33;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/imperator-judicium' target='_blank'>Please visit my website . Imperator -=][=- Judicium .</a>

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mojo.jojo' target='_blank'>LOL &#33; this is one of the funiest videos ive ever seen &#33;</a>

join the librarium-online dawn of war clan <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/librarium/' target='_blank'>HERE</a>

<a href='http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_slayer/index.php?showforum=1' target='_blank'>Check when the next clan game is on here</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i found that the best skni colour is red gore mixed with bleached bone 60:40, then drybrush with bleached bone.
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

You can buy a s***load of flesh colours from GW, and I advise you to go this way, unless you are very good at mixing specific shades of paint.

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Well GW make 3 caucasian Flesh colours
    *gasp* You heard right a whole 3&#33;&#33;&#33;
    They are dwarf flesh, bronzed flesh and elf flesh
    Dwarf flesh is a very orange tinted flesh
    Elf Flesh is very light and pinkish
    Bronzed flesh is yellowy

Then there is the negriod flesh colours
    Tanned and Dark flesh, Dark flesh is a deep reddy brown and I havent seen tanned flesh yet, but it is lighter than dark.

Last of all there is the Necromantic skin tones of which GW makes two
    Pallid flesh and rotten flesh. Pallid is very pinkish and rotten has a distinctive green tint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Bobby_Wokkerfella@Nov 8 2004, 04:14
    Well GW make 3 caucasian Flesh colours
    *gasp* You heard right a whole 3&#33;&#33;&#33;
    They are dwarf flesh, bronzed flesh and elf flesh
    Dwarf flesh is a very orange tinted flesh
    Elf Flesh is very light and pinkish
    Bronzed flesh is yellowy

Then there is the negriod flesh colours
    Tanned and Dark flesh, Dark flesh is a deep reddy brown and I havent seen tanned flesh yet, but it is lighter than dark.

Last of all there is the Necromantic skin tones of which GW makes two
    Pallid flesh and rotten flesh. Pallid is very pinkish and rotten has a distinctive green tint.
    [snapback]246589[/snapback]

Well, since you are just starting off, the easiest way I have found to do it is elf flesh, then flesh wash, then highlight it again with elf flesh, leaving sunken areas like brow bridge and the area right around the eyes without a second coat of elf flesh. It works well and gives a respectable look. You won&#39;t win any painting awards with it, but it is quick and easy and looks good on the table.

-SK
    <u>Army: W/L/T</u>

<span style='color:green'>Dark Angels</span>: <span style='color:red'>20/3/0</span>
    <span style='color:gray'>Daemonhunters: </span> <span style='color:red'>Under Construction</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Minas Tirith</span> <span style='color:red'>1/0/0</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another option that might be cool for blood angels is white goth skin(they&#39;re vampires after all). I use two different ways of making this kind of skin. The easiest is to paint the skin skull white, leaving the eyes black, then ink it with thinned down black ink. This makes the skin look quite real.

Another method is to start with a basecoat of codex grey, followed by first a highlight with fortress grey, then a final one with skull white.
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, since you are just starting off, the easiest way I have found to do it is elf flesh, then flesh wash, then highlight it again with elf flesh, leaving sunken areas like brow bridge and the area right around the eyes without a second coat of elf flesh. It works well and gives a respectable look. You won&#39;t win any painting awards with it, but it is quick and easy and looks good on the table.
    surely if he is starting, a quick and easy method is just flat colout elf flesh or summat.....
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>PO-TA-TOES</span>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i know, in todays world, the weak are protected, so evolution is now non-existant for humans. To keep the race moving forwards, there should be tests to see if you are good enough to have kids- k-tana</div>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast