I Have A Problem With Some Of My Paints - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I opened a couple of my paints they are really watery (and there not inks before you go thinking I'm an idiot) this is really annoying :realmad: because the paints run off the model and ruin it.

Does anybody know how to stop this?

First law of science: don't spit into the wind

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had the same problem with my liche purple, but it was kind of usefull, so i did nothing, but you could try evaporating the water off, and if it becomes too thick, you could add water.
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Draledus@Nov 11 2004, 09:55
    When I opened a couple of my paints they are really watery (and there not inks before you go thinking I'm an idiot) this is really annoying :realmad: because the paints run off the model and ruin it.

Does anybody know how to stop this?
    [snapback]248528[/snapback]
    There are two ways you can counter this problem. You can shake it up, and hope that it mixes together, or you can just put very light amounts of it onto whatever you're painting
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Amid the darkness and horror of a world splintering apart, the armies of the true creators, we who were ancient at the dawn of time, will march forth once more. We shall sweep away all that is chaos and disorder for ours is the true path and none shall defy us.</div>
    Translation from ancient plaques attributed to Venerable Lord Kroak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pigments have most likely sunk to the bottom. Shake it, and if that doesn&#39;t work, stir with a toothpick. Some people put small steel balls in their paints, like in spray cans.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an absolute last resort you can add some thickening gel. You can buy it at most art stores or places that carry acrylic paints (Michaels, Hobby Lobby).

It sounds like your paint isn&#39;t completley mixed, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have a problem like that with my Goblin Green and Golden Yellow, I just shake them up.

W/D/L

Dwarfs 1/0/0 (Reset due to new rules)

Space Marines 0/0/0 (still under construction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the problem with my dwarf bronze
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>PO-TA-TOES</span>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i know, in todays world, the weak are protected, so evolution is now non-existant for humans. To keep the race moving forwards, there should be tests to see if you are good enough to have kids- k-tana</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shake it, shake it well. Then stir it. Then shake it more.
    I live in your eyes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

I get this problem with the white, and it, for me, is not because I need to shake it.

But, the first thing you do before ever even starting to paint is shake your colors very very very well. Then if you have the problem still (I actually like this problem and always water my paints slightly) then you need to dip your brush in the paint, dry it on a cloth until barely any paint comes off, and drybrush. That is almost all that you can do.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use a toothpick to stir it , then shake it goooood .
    AE-86 Twin cam corolla . a beaut &#33;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/imperator-judicium' target='_blank'>Please visit my website . Imperator -=][=- Judicium .</a>

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mojo.jojo' target='_blank'>LOL &#33; this is one of the funiest videos ive ever seen &#33;</a>

join the librarium-online dawn of war clan <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/librarium/' target='_blank'>HERE</a>

<a href='http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_slayer/index.php?showforum=1' target='_blank'>Check when the next clan game is on here</a>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast