Blue Tac - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Tac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know its really cheap, but do you think blue tac is ok for using to sculpt on miniatures.
    i used some to sculpt a hood onto a dark angels marine with the cloak to make a librarian for my iron hands.
    it looks ok after painting, but i don't think it will stand up to much abuse.
    green stuff is far too expensive, and i had some blue tac right there in front of me.
    i would show some pics, but its not possible right now, and i have painted it badly due to the numerous coats ruining the model slightly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Blue tac is terrible. It will warp and crack the paint in your case, and it will slowly stretch and fall off the model. It will also get pieces of hair stuck to it all the time and will bend when you move the model, plus leaving fingerprints in it when you touch it. I happen to think Green Stuff is god value, you get loads for 4 pounds. Buy that. It's much better.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think he covered it with superglue, he's not stupid enough just to use blue tack, but even with superglue it's not as good as Green stuff, as the glue may make it crack, and it's not a very nice texture either, get the green stuff, or go somewhere else and get kneadatite, same sstuff but cheaper!
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't buy 'Green Stuff' from GW. Get Kneadatite. Its the same stuff, made by the same company, but without the GW package it's 1/4 the cost. A web search will net you several on-line suppliers. Brown stuff is a related epoxy putty, but its texture is more suitable for hard edges, swords, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

Hey I used blutac once to extend a beard on a squat elder and it worked fine! (as you can see this was years ago...what's a squat?)

Its still fine now, and looks OK, but that could be just because his beard was painted light grey so any cracks didn't show up. But, uh, apart from that I have had nothing but specatacular failures with it... listen to those other guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use blue tac to stick guys together befor you permenatly paint them, this alow you to paint them or to modle them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey no offence but i think that you are all just afraid of change, i have seen the model in question and if he had not told me that the hood was made from blutac i would have just thought that is was the actual model. what is the point of going out and buying green stuff and lining the pockets of those at games workshop when blutac works just as well and there is always blutac around the house. seriously just go wild, throw caution into the wind,get a really old model and try it, you will be amazed at how it turns out and you too shall be converted into the ways of the blutac!!!!!!!!!
    ARMOUR HAS A “U? IN IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by digz@Nov 18 2004, 225
    just go wild, throw caution into the wind,get a really old model and try it, you will be amazed at how it turns out and you too shall be converted into the ways of the blutac!!!!!!!!!
    [snapback]252681[/snapback]
    and then scream when everything goes caflumph! blutac is pathetic, the only thing i've ever used it for was when i was trying glue my lictors leg on and the fit wasn't very good, so i put i tiny bit of blutac in to tighten the joint, but the glue done most of da job!
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but that is what i mean, because it sounds different and it is not advised by anyone at games workshop everbody thinks that it is wrong to do. i dont get it, why bother wasting money just to follow the crowd??
    ARMOUR HAS A “U? IN IT

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As WolfRaider pointed out, Green stuff is dirt cheap if bought as kneadite. There's no big difference in the price, and green stuff is easier to work with and doesn't break as easy as Bluetac.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast