New Codex Inspired Conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Those little modular buildings from the new space marine codex (the techmarine lab on page 58 especially) are quite possibly one of the coolest things I've ever seen.They're obviously made from rhinos,but I was wondering if anybody's tried making them yet and if so what did you use to do it.I'm definitely gonna make one,but sitting here looking at the rhino on my desk at work,I'm not quite sure how.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

You don't have to use plastic Rhinos for that, remember. I think you will be even better off by using some of the templates from BWC/sfcma/40k-cardtanks groups on yahoo, as you can cut, shape and customize them much more then regular GW plastics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they are made from Rhinos. They are certainly inspired by them but there are so many differences that they are easier to just build from scratch. They seem to be a lot bigger than a Rhino if you compare it with the marines next to it, look at pg. 61 and you'll see that the Rhino is smaller. Also, the armoured plates are different.

I don't know exactly how they are built though, they almost look too good to be hand made :) But on the other hand, that's what GW's terrainmakers are paid for.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should try cardboard, plastic rhino is much too expensive and it probably wouldnt create a nice lab, you could just try to do it yourself, but alternitively you can lookup info on the web, good luck
    -Warmonger
    No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!
    For The Emperor!!

W-L-D as of 20 november 2004
    Black Templars
    5-1-1
    World Eaters
    3-0-0

+ Reply to Thread