Cityfight Terrain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make textured paint isn't it just to put some snd into the prefered paint you're going to use?
    I think textured paint could be the same as "Murmaling" in Norway... can anyone correct me on this?

check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what "Murmaling" is but I use my own mixture and it works great.
    I mix about 50% paint / 25% PVA glue / 25% sand...sometimes a little dab of water to the mix. It gets to a porridge like consistency and you can put on with a stiff paint brush. Just dry brush over top...works great.

WAAAGH!

Warlord Hakbash
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer more paint, less PVA glue for ease of spreadability and increased coverage.

(God, I sound like a paint commercial)
    I live in your eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of paint are you selling???

Just kidding, sounds good, I like my textured paint thick, almost like artist gesso.
    Thinner works too.

WAAAGH!

Warlord Hakbash
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what "Murmaling" is but I use my own mixture and it works great.
    Sorry about that one...

But why do you put PVA glue in the mix? I thought the paint itself would be enough to keep the sand in plase.

HEY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I myself followed the insturctions on the GW website on how to make cityfight terrain out of cardboard. It worked well apart from the fact that when i painted over my masking tape which lined the walls it began to peel off.

To combat this problem i simply slapped a couple of light coats of wood glue over the top first and it worked a treat; and since the wood glue is waterproof my whole building will be protected if it gets wet.

I recommend coating your buildings in either PVA or wood glue anyway as it also helps add to the sturdyness.

Hope this helps, if you have any other tips as i'm sort of new to terrain making myself!
    Join TSI, purge for the Emperor, the truth shall set you free.

View the rules <a href='http://portal.librarium-online.com/content/view/137/28/' target='_blank'>here</a>

Lifes a beach, until someone kicks sand in your face.

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=10867&st=0' target='_blank'>My Stories&#33;</a>

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showforum=125' target='_blank'>Cityfight.</a>

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The glue over the stuff is the best you can do.
    Masking tape isn&#39;t good for anything but marking out edges so you don&#39;t paint on sertain things... doesn&#39;t work at all when wet.

Personally I prefer not to use cardboard buildings, it tends to often to bend and get damaged, at least the thin stuff you get from GW.
    If you ever consider making them out of carboard at least do it with several layers of cardboard, then it will also be more stiffer and stronger and can even take a good coat of filler without falliung apart.

HEY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.
    My buildings are all made from corrugated card as i can&#39;t really afford much else but the coat of glue helps as it&#39;s not only waterproof, it adds to the protection that the building needs &#39;cos its obviously gonna take a few knocks.
    Then all i did was apply a nice coat of sand mixed with a bit of PVA glue for the texture and just spary painted over the top to finish.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to make a large cityfight board I&#39;m thinking about 4 foot by 4 foot which needs to include:

-Plenty of buildings to fight over,
    -A large grassy area near one of the edges,
    -Some nice destroyed roads,
    -And a few Imperial Bunkers.

Plus anything which just adds a little variety like,

-Rivers,
    -Rubble,
    -Mass Graves etc. etc

If anyone can help i&#39;d be grateful cos i&#39;m only just starting out with 40k let alone cityfight&#33;
    Join TSI, purge for the Emperor, the truth shall set you free.

View the rules <a href='http://portal.librarium-online.com/content/view/137/28/' target='_blank'>here</a>

Lifes a beach, until someone kicks sand in your face.

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=10867&st=0' target='_blank'>My Stories&#33;</a>

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showforum=125' target='_blank'>Cityfight.</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have all made our share of ruined buildings. When i get my hands on a piece of wood 4x6 im gonna make a big city fight board well after i make my middle earth bored

Closed Thread