Faces.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Faces....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgot I did this thread.

I forgot to ask..what was what is the best way to apply flesh wash...I tried to use it on Ragnar, but his face came out looking like he was shoved in a mud puddle or something..its way too dirty and dark. whats the best way to use flesh wash?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Wow, you are going through a lot of trouble to paint a face. All I do is paint dwarf flesh over a black undercoat. Then I make up a mix of 1:1 brown ink and water. I brush this over all of the flesh and let it dry. Then I put a dash of white (literally a horizontal dash) on each eye, and lastly I put a dot of black on the very top center of the dash. If you put the black dot right in the center of the white, then they eye's look like they are scared instead of fierce.
    Also, I don't use GW brushes. I use Leow Cornell brushes from an art supply store. You can get them in incredibly small sizes and they are much much better quality than GW brushes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as for using the inks... add a bit of water to them like you should do for all GW paints to smooth them out a bit. then cover all the fleshy areas. let it dry. then highlight. nose chin cheeks and forhead. or what ever looks best its really up to thepianter and model.

Closed Thread