List Of All Materials Needed... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help. I only have the Space Marine Starter Paint Set which comes with Boltgun Metal, Goblin Green, Blood Red, Sunburst Yellow, Ultramarines Blue, Skull White. What do I need besides these paints? I know I need a palette and brush and ***** like that to start.

I also know about primer, and I am about to get some black primer to start my Eldars.

What do I need besides primer and regular paints? What is the stuff called that makes the model shiney and protects it from all the elements? -_-

Please list some more stuff I need to be fully prepared... thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I bought the Space Marine Starter Paint Set by accident, is it possible to paint my Eldars a greyish-black / burgundy-red paint scheme? With mixing and stuff? lol

Can I use the black primer as a black paint? Like just spray paint it all black and paint the specific parts that I want with red or do I need to add a coat after the primer all the time?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Water- for watering down your paints, and washing your brushes.
    Paper Towels- for wiping the brush on after you have paint on it (you do not want to have globs of paint), and for drying your brushes, and for wiping your brushes on to drybrush.
    Needles- Well, I use them for painting on eyes, but you can do this with the fine detail brush if you have steady hands.
    Spray Paint- if your main color is anything other than black or white it's a good idea to find it in spray form (and when I say main color I mean it has to be almost the whole thing).
    Paints- whatever you wish to do your army in, it's up to you no one else, and if you don't want to paint them like SM then you might want to buy some other colors. You can use black primer or white primer, or any primer as the same color paint, but to correct mistakes you need that color is liquid form.
    Varnish- very protective coating that helps keep your model's paint from chipping. If you just want a light layer go for matte varnish (the stuff GW sells in a spray botle) for a really good protective surface go for varnish that you paint on, fallowed by matte, and if you want it shiny fallow it by annother layer of normal varnish.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I didn't know about varnish and needles before. And the spray paint thing is a good idea, i'll do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't need needles I don't know if i'm the only one but I paint my minis eyes
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>can&#39;t you handle a triple</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shas&#39;O&#39;M&#39;Yen &#064; Feb 27 2005, 04:04)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well said</div>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

That was a tip not a guideline . I said I just use it because I don&#39;t have steady hands and it gets the best job done for such a situation.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats okay, I don&#39;t even have hands...

I need hands for Warhammer? ....shhit...

+ Reply to Thread