Nurgle Armor............... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im painting a nurgle army and have been having trouble with the armor. I painted the armor white and DA green inked it. It looks pretty good, but I want to highlight it. Would scorpian green look good? Also how could I make the armor and stuff look old and dirty? Well thanks for any help.....

"Inspired by the most logical race in the galaxy, the Vulcans, breeding will be permitted once every seven years. For many of you this will mean much less breeding, for e, much much more." -- Comic Book Guy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x2)

Originally posted by SotekRocks!@Dec 1 2004, 22:19
    Im painting a nurgle army and have been having trouble with the armor. I painted the armor white and DA green inked it. It looks pretty good, but I want to highlight it. Would scorpian green look good? Also how could I make the armor and stuff look old and dirty? Well thanks for any help.....

[snapback]262998[/snapback]
    I usually go for Snot Green to highlight anything DA green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

Originally posted by SotekRocks&#33;+Dec 1 2004, 21:19--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SotekRocks&#33; &#064; Dec 1 2004, 21:19)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im painting a nurgle army and have been having trouble with the armor. I painted the armor white and DA green inked it. It looks pretty good, but I want to highlight it. Would scorpian green look good?
    [/b]

depends on the effect you want to achieve. you can highlight DA green with Goblin green, Jade green or even yellow. the latter two give your minis a more "demonic" look (for a lack of a better word)

<!--QuoteBegin-SotekRocks&#33;
    @Dec 1 2004, 21:19
    Also how could I make the armor and stuff look old and dirty? Well thanks for any help.....

[/quote]

there are many ways to do this.
    you can wash the entire mini in a watered down brown or black ink,
    you can paint them grey instead of white,
    you can put dirt on with a tooth brush.
    you can wash them with a watered down green ink....
    you can drybrush soot (with chaosblack or scorched brown)

or do a combination of some of them.
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Shadow grey with a snot green wash works well. Maybe scar the armor a little bit with your knife. Maybe wash the fig with with with bestial brown and/or tin bitz to make the armor look worn & rusty..etc., etc., ad noseum.
    I hear voices...and they don't like you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this Hordes of Chaos or Death Guard?

I would suggest Chestnut Ink mixed with Green Ink, or maybe a drybrush of Catachan Green, then inks.
    Woman:"We cant treat everyone equally when they're clearly not! What's that called kids?"
    Kids: "Communism!!"

Post all ya gobbo wins and ya stoopid orcses losses here! Da Big Green Tracka!

(\_/)
    (0.0) Worship the bunny, for he is thy God.
    (><)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just undercoat black, then paint Dark angels green over the armour. then drybrush Goblin green, Bestial brown and then a light drybrush with Scorpion green, looks really cool but needs an ink to give the extra depth. haven&#39;t tryed any yet, maybe black??

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Drybrush it camo green, that looks really good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u want relly swampy armour prime ur models black then paint them with boltgun (no drybrushing&#33;) then ink most of the model /w dark green ink (leave a few patches of boltgun here and there) then wen its dry ink the whole thing brown, then repeat inking green then brown till it looks really swampy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yello. I found that deathly works with a mix of vermin brown, and fortress gray, at about a 5:1 ratio. Looks something like if you&#39;ve ever seen LOTR: FOTR (first one) in Lothlorian, the second elven place, it&#39;s like so white and muted. Think of a darkly muted bright brown watered down and put on the edges of your armor.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Amid the darkness and horror of a world splintering apart, the armies of the true creators, we who were ancient at the dawn of time, will march forth once more. We shall sweep away all that is chaos and disorder for ours is the true path and none shall defy us.</div>
    Translation from ancient plaques attributed to Venerable Lord Kroak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds a bit long winded, but trust me, they look just like the &#39;eavy metal death guard marines, basecoat camo green, lots of brown ink washes, then drybrush goblin green and bleached bone mixed, then drybrush bleached bone, thinned brown ink it again then highlight the bleached bone areas bleached bone then white I found this by accident and they look cool
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?brother_artemis' target='_blank'>My beautiful converted Chaos sorcerer&#33;&#33;&#33; click meeeee&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</a>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast