Tyranid Snow Terrain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of this link there are a few pictures of some Tyranid Snow Terrain I've done. Its nothing much and I'm working on two other pieces right now. The third piece is a command bunker where one of the 'nid drop eggs has landed and destroyed the bunker and its inhabitants. The last one is going to be a scene where one of the eggs has been captured and is going to be destroyed. Something with some enemy models with flamers blowing it up or something. Those are WIPs, but these first two show the eggs that I'm using. Enjoy!

Tyranid Snow Terrain

Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice! What material did you use for the snow? It looks great. Personally, I'd probably stick some rocks poking out of the snow here & there and might have gone with a more ice-like color on the base edges, like a light blue or Space Wolves gray. But, the black does match the black parts of your models, too. Nicely done!

Frank in L.A.

"...so the Tyrant Guard says to the Ravener: "Lictor? I hardly knew 'er?!"

- punch line from joke going around the Hive Fleet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Frank in L.A.@Dec 3 2004, 158
    Nice! What material did you use for the snow? It looks great. Personally, I'd probably stick some rocks poking out of the snow here & there and might have gone with a more ice-like color on the base edges, like a light blue or Space Wolves gray. But, the black does match the black parts of your models, too. Nicely done!

Frank in L.A.
    [snapback]264612[/snapback]
    The snow is a mixture of wall plaster and baking soda and glue I used to make most of it then a powder coating of baking soda on top to give it a powdery snow feel. And I tried several colors for the base edges of my models, several icy blues and things like that, everything was too dark and contrasted too much with the snow itself. I hope I can eventually find one that works for them, I have grown kinda fond of the black though, it makes it stick out lots.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the PVA/plaster/baking soda snow tip. I'll be trying that sometime for sure.

Frank in L.A.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of mixing plaster and bicarb soda stuff,try some of that christmas decarations snow spray i havnt tryed it yet but bouhgt it like 2 days ago from woolworths for £2.50

try it and give me your opinion on it thanks (Y)
    ''Courage and Honour!'' Ultramarines battle cry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do what I do: go down to the hardware store, get a paint sample of white paint, pour some in a takeaway container and put sand in. Lift them out wiht an old spoon and voila! Cheapo snow!
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they *****ed me off.

+ Reply to Thread