Cadian Sniper Spotters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all,

The 182nd Cadian Para Infantry just grew a little bit...we picked up 3 of the metal snipers to aid the Mortar Platoon. But I don't have any spotters made for them yet so they can be thier own special weapons squad.

I have a bunch of Heavy Weapon bits (the cupped left arm, pointy right arm, backpacks, shovels, binoculars) and tons of shock troops bits (heads without helmets, heads, rifles, las pistols, CCW)

I'm pretty sure that I"ll have to end up using the standing legs from the shock troopers box, but I'm not real sure about what bits to use or what kind of stance to give them. I would like to give them the camo cloak like the snipers so they look more like I team, but I don't even know where to start on that. I'm going to be putting them on the normal 1 inch base because my local hobby store doesn't have the 3 inch bases cause if they did, I'd put the snipers on the same base as the spotters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maj. Stryker
    182nd Cadian Para Infantry Reg
    E Company Commander

aka:
    Captain Antonius
    3rd Company, White Templars
    Adeptus Astartes

aka:
    Shas'O Dal'yth Shi'Or'es
    IVth Dal'yth Hunter Cadre

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you could do pistol arms and cut off da pistol.
    Lifes a PC game, learn to play it or loose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty easy to convert lying (lieing?) cadians from standing legs and having a sniper team on the same base (like HW teams) would be pretty cool. Heavy weapon team bases should be available from mailorder.
    Cut off the feet, twist them to the sides a bit and glue them back on. Shave both the torso and the legs at the waist so he leans back more. Cut away the neck-collar on the torso. Then glue it together as normal and you should have a lying, armless guardsman. You might have to trim his toes off to let him lie flat without twisting his feet unnaturally. It looks okay after you've based them as it looks like the feet dig into the ground.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks you guys. I'm not real sure what you meant by using the las pistol arm without the pistol, Nurglewarlord. The Laying Down idea is a good one, but like I said I don't have the 3 inch bases and with a local gaming weekend coming up I really don't have the time to wait for mail order.

Again, thanks.
    Maj. Stryker
    182nd Cadian Para Infantry Reg
    E Company Commander

aka:
    Captain Antonius
    3rd Company, White Templars
    Adeptus Astartes

aka:
    Shas'O Dal'yth Shi'Or'es
    IVth Dal'yth Hunter Cadre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hate to say it, but either proxy, or use counts as to use 3 snipers each with 2 wounds. only thing i can think of that you can use in time

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

+ Reply to Thread