Dipping, I Dunno Anymore - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi
    i decided to dipp my tyranid so i primed them white then the site tells me that i need camo green spray paint, but found out the dont make it nemore (well in canada anyways). so i tried to actually paint the camo green on the white im handicap and cant layer if my life depended on it so its thick. i dont want to strip anymore its getting on my nerves lol. waht can i do to improvr my painting, is the "how to paint citadel miniatures" worth the 30$ canadian, and another thing if i just paint the carapace and bone a colour and leave the body white do you think it will turn out alright? thanks you
    sorry about the stupid questions

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Craggy...In this thread is how I paint my 'nids. Take a read on it & PM me if you have questions.

http://www.librarium-online.com/inde...howtopic=26025
    I hear voices...and they don't like you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i just primed my spine fists with white primer. what do you think is a good colour scheme for me lol. i cannot seem to layer if i try to paint decently i end up wit one cide thicker than the other... and i do water down the paint. Also mold lines and sprue marks im terrible at removing them!!
    plz help wookie...i want to buy the painting guide but is that a waste of money?
    thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Originally posted by Macragge@Dec 10 2004, 03:22
    well i just primed my spine fists with white primer. what do you think is a good colour scheme for me lol. i cannot seem to layer if i try to paint decently i end up wit one cide thicker than the other... and i do water down the paint. Also mold lines and sprue marks im terrible at removing them!!
    plz help wookie...i want to buy the painting guide but is that a waste of money?
    thanks again
    [snapback]270945[/snapback]
    IMO buying the painting guide would be a good purchase. Don't know if you have the 4th edition rulebook or not but there's an example of painting 'nids that is simple yet effective. PM ('cuz we're getting a little off-topic here) me a list of paints you currently have & then I'll let you know what I would do with what you got. I've never "layered" before so I can't help you there. Mold lines & sprue marks can easily be taken off with a well placed x-acto knife and/or fine file. Since you primed your 'nids with white primer (I do as well) I'm thinkin' you want to paint 'em in more lighter instead of darker colors...am I right?
    I hear voices...and they don't like you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like spraypaint trouble, if the spots humid, your gonna have spraypaint trouble, coupla tips

1. allways start the spray of the can away from the model then pass the spray across the model like a drive-by.
    2 shake the can for 2 minutes. shake inbetween sprays too.
    3. get at the model from all angles but keep it thin, don't spray an area unless the paint from the last spray is dry.

white primer seems thinner than black, more watery so it'll be more important for the primer to dry before spraying again or else it'll just collect in the crevesses ruining detail.
    Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

+ Reply to Thread