40k Terrain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: 40k Terrain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone. Help me out here. I'm used to making WH Fantasy terrain and have been doing so for like 6 months to a year. I wanna start making 40K terrain. So far, I haven't found anything to replace the green grass flock that I used in fantasy. What makes a good "ground" for 40K? Something with an "asphalt" feel to it. Lemme know.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many just use the grassy feel to it in 40k too.
    I myself prefer to make a mix of grassy fileds and a scorched brown patches.
    The good thing about 40k is that you're not confined to dark age style. Here you can use virtually anything you see as scenery.
    High tech structures, bomb craters.... but you can still use fantasy scenery too... just say you are playing on a feral world.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true! That is something very nice about 40k. I was just looking for a something a little different. We wanted to do some city stuff...and we needed some asphalt looking ground. We were thinking about either just black paint with some sand...or some of that "rock-looking-spray-paint" stuff. Don't know how those would turn out though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Textured paint is the way to go, just make sure that you use a different grade of sand (either smoother or rougher) when you’re painting the ground. It will look more 'natural' if you have slight variations in the texturing.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the asfalt feel of the surface go for the textured paint or maybe cover the table or surface with filler and then paint it black or other dark greytone you feel is right.

Only thing to mention about filler... if you covering large surfaces be sure to get a perfect smouth surface. So you don't get some part sticking out here and there.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Closed Thread