Old Razorback, New Turret - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 3rd ed. Razorback that I just couldn't resist arming with the lascannon/twin-linked plasma option that is now tragically obsolete. Phooey. I've been pondering ordering the bitz necessary to build another one or two of the old twin-linked heavy bolter/twin-linked lascannon turrets, but at $17 per - ouch. It'd be better if I could mount a turret from the new Razorback to the old hull, but I haven't seen the new turret "in the flesh," as it were, and I don't know if that's possible. From the bitz pictures on GW's site, I can see that it doesn't match the old "heavy plate with a post on the bottom" mounting scheme, so I know I'd need a magnet or something, but beyond that I'm clueless. I'd love to hear from anyone who's done this, or has seen the new turret assembled and can comment.

I guess I could always just plate/paint over the turret mounting on the hull and make it into a Rhino, but that seems like an ignominious fate for the old can...

Incidentally, any idea why the lascannon/plasma combo is gone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

The reason that games workshop got rid of it is that the new plastic razorback doesn't come with the parts to make it and games workshop couldn't be bothered making a plastic version.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

The razor back turret uses the same mounting as the predator. If you can get your hands on either a predator turret or razor back turret you can see if it matches up to what you have.
    You might be better off getting the new model, it looks good anyway.
    Alternately you could mail order the old metal razorback twin linked turret parts. You should be able to find them online.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

The mounting plate from the new Rhino body does not fit the old style rhino without some awkward trimming.

My suggestion would be to cut a piece of plasticard (available in all good hobby shops) to the size of the top hatch on the old style body then cut a hole into it the correct size by tracing through the hole in new top plate.

Cut out the hole, mount the new style gun to the plasticard and then mount that onto the old style body.

You can take a few split peas or lentil (the smallest you can find) and glue them onto the plasticard to look like rivets and take away the flat look of it. Pin heads is another alternative.

wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread