Venom Cannon Gaunt! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well a weapon beast gaunt with a venom cannon. Why you'd make one? meh! I have spare parts and a box of guants i was going to destroy and turn into rubble and gore. Might as well make one

Well I am a Necron player and i bought gaunts for terrain (dead ones...) so i decided to make one! Now the destroyer lord comes with a Destroyer body so i used it in my conversion. I created the main parts of my gaunts normally but used a sythin claw as the tail replacement.

I then attatched the Destroyer face plate onto the gaunts eye. I stuck the destroyer gun minus the focusing device onto the gaunts right arm socket. I then severed the arm from a devourer and attatched this to the end of the destroyer Gauss Cannon. I attatched 2 spinefists with the arm severed off below the devourer at the tip parrelel to one another.

I attatched the shoulder blades of the Destroyer to the Gaunt's rear thigh joints and cut the chest in 2 putting one half on each side of the Gaunt's chest. I then attatched the necron Destroyer spine to the gaunts back connecting its mid back region and its head. Add a fun ice blue, Warlock pruple and Snot green paint job, add the rods and you got a Venom Cannon gaunt!

Questions or comments? I forbid the use of the words "insane" or "stupid or "waste of time" in either...

Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

What an Insanely Stupid Wate of time! (N)

Just kidding, It sounds good, So its like some sort of Mecha Bug?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a pic would be nice, i don't know much about necrons and i don't have a very good imagination, so i can't think of what it looks like, so yeah, a pic would be nice! cheers.
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

hahaha, reminds me of this time my friend bought a Dreadnought, and didnt use the Assault cannon, and cos he was over my house, left it here. so i got an unmade gaunt, stuck the assault cannon on one arm, put a monsterous creature Rending claw in the other, with a storm bolter (that should be on the dreads power fist) on top of it. its worryingly beefy :rofl:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I will get a picture if I ever can. But my motherboard died a week back and am borrowing a thinkpad right now... Idon't have a digital camera. Actually...i don't have a camera period. But then again..I don't have a scanner.BUT: I have a webcam that i can connect once my new motherboard is installedcand then i can take a crappy picture and show you what i amtalking about. Imyself am very happy about this convertion.

Sorry about bad capitilsation, spelling and spacing. I am stillgetting used to the thinkpad...
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally have my webcam up. so you won't have to use the shrivelled up husk we call Tomato-99's imagination ^_^

Note: These are my first pictures taken, my first conversion, and my first Tyranid painted and modelled.

Small webcam.. these 2 are of the back and front of the model...

--------

A rear end view of the gaunt... I don't know why exactly...

A view of the chest and face

A view of a bit of the face plate and then the converted "Venom Cannon"

There it is: the Venom Cannon Gaunt Mutation! It has enhanced senes, extended carapace, and an adrenline gland as well.

It was hastily painted and i acknowledge the paint job sucks. Now that we have that said, let's get to acknowledging the MODEL itself, not the paint job...

Now keep in mind this is my first conversion. That doesnt mean be kind. Be as harsh as you can! But explain yourself and suggest how to improve. I don't wanna hear "It sucks" 50 times. I can hear my friends say that any (and every) time we play a game...

Sexy land, for only the coolest of people
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty slick to bad in the game a gaunt with one would be so much of a waste of points
    "God works in mysterious ways."
    "Everything happens for a reason."

I actually have a slug living in YOU, right now...

Slowly will start playing: Iyanden, and Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And i can't fleet of foot. For those who INSIST on having a playable model:

Betagaunt:

WS4
    BS4
    S7
    T6
    W4
    I2
    A3
    Ld 10
    Sv2+

Lumbering with a massive ranged venom cannon S10, AP3, 72" Assault 3

Happy?

Edit: oh and by the way i realise these stats really don't fit the model... let's just say... Psykers make it possible...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kendercommander@Jan 11 2005, 17:45
    And i can't fleet of foot. For those who INSIST on having a playable model:

Betagaunt:

WS4
    BS4
    S7
    T6
    W4
    I2
    A3
    Ld 10
    Sv2+

Lumbering with a massive ranged venom cannon S10, AP3, 72" Assault 3

Happy?

Edit: oh and by the way i realise these stats really don't fit the model... let's just say... Psykers make it possible...
    [snapback]300028[/snapback]
    those are a joke right? the actual modle is cool, but rather pointless otherwise
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To avoid any other complications and keep this related to the model...

THE VENOM CANNON GAUNT CONVERSION HAS NO POINT IN THE GAME AND WAS DONE SURELY FOR FUN, CURIOSITY, GETTING USED TO GAUNTS, AND IN THE ODD CASE THAT SOMEONE WANTS TO TRY A VENOM CANNON GAUNT! YES THE STATS ARE A JOKE! YES THE MODEL IS POINTLESS! IF I CARED ABOUT SUCH THINGS, I'D POST IN A THREAD REATED TO TYRANIDS! NOT IN A CONVERSION THREAD! ITS IN CONVERSIONS SO IT IS MOST LIKELY HERE FOR COMMENTARY ON THE CONVERSION!

I apologise for the capital letters but my message just wasn't getting through.
    Any other comments on 'stats' or the 'point' of this model will be disregarded from here on after. :mellow:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast