New to Painting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: New to Painting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Painting

Hello I just joined the forum just today but ive been playing warhammer 40k for about 3 years now off and on but the huge problem i ahve is painting my models i can never paint in detail any ideas of helping me paint good or some guides to or sites would help k thnx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Welcome to the forum by the way. No one can really give any tips when it comes to painting, it just comes by experiance and experimentation and Of course giving tips out on painting, depends on what army your painting. But here are a few general painting tips that might come in handy:

:!: BEWARE THE GREASY FINGER! I've come into a right mess after a chippy and then painting!
    :!: Make sure you remove the flash from your miniature and file any mold lines smooth. Buy and use a good set of files.
    :!: use an extra fine detail brush (It's very important to have good brushes, so keep the one's only in good condition)
    :!: take your time
    :!: let your imagination run wild
    :!: The best thing i've found to be really helpfull when painting faces in deyail are cocktail sticks (it's true).
    :!: Get a large range of paints. Don't be afraid of mixing your own paint for that particular color you like.
    :!: and pray

I hope that helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of the biggest tips I can hand out without having to kill you.
    -A good base coat is more important than anything else you can learn. If you want a dark look use black or similar for your base coat. If you want it bright go white all the way!
    -Learn drybrushing it makes life much esier and can be used to create stunning effects.
    -Get ink! Inks and washes are like drybrushing in reverse.
    -Lastly don't try to accomplish more detail than you are capable of. Trying to put a ton of detail on miniature can make your paint job look like Slaneesh just threw up all over a cute little nurgling.

Uncle Jesse

Closed Thread