Vallejo Or Gw Paint? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whose paint is better vallejo or GW.

I've never used vallejo and want to know if will deliver better results than GW paint.

Cheers

Sean

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The differences with the paint are minor if you know how to treat the paints.

Its just that Vallejo paints come in dropper bottles and are cheaper..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vallejo are the better choice mostly based on price and package. I think their pigments are finer ground making a smoother paint, but as Incoherence said the differences in the actual paint is minor. I do like GW metallics better, though. Vallejo bottles are much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW paints are good, but they're too expensive for me to use practically.

I use Delta Creamcoat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I use both, though I have to admit that I like GW paints best despite the fact that they are slightly more expensive.
    Vallejo paints are good because the range og colours is much bigger than GW and you can almost find any colour you want, unlike GW (have you ever seen a decent dark-grey GW paint...?).

I recommend both ranges...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry guys this is all abit alien to me. What exactly are Vallejo paints? Are they a US only company or are they available in the UK and Ireland? Just wondering, they seem really nice from what I've heard.

-Steve
    Barneys Japanese Girlfriend: "I would like a single plum, floating in perfume, served in a mans hat"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just bought a few Vallejo and Reaper paints to compare to the GW ones. I grabbed the Vallejo equivalent of boltgun metal and I like it better so far. It's a bit thinner while still retaining as much "sparkle" as the GW version that goes on too thick to be of use in fine areas. I haven't tried the Reapers yet but I found a really cool metallic red that will look nice on my storm troopers.

As for UK availability of Vallejo, I don't know. My local game store here in the US had reaper, vallejo, and GW paints. The price difference wasn't really that much...Vallejo was the same price as GW non-metallics. (GW metallic paints cost more for some reason) Reaper was .50 cheaper but had less of a color selection than vallejo.
    This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick Of Seeing More People.

+ Reply to Thread