Looking For Feedback! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone! I'm new here, as you may have guessed, but I'm always looking for feedback on my projects. This is the first Warhammer army (Fantasy OR 40k) I've ever painted, and I've been painting about three months now. My army still isn't completely finished, but I think the pictures I've got here represent the sort of work I've done.

If you would be so kind as to take a look at My Warhammer 40k photos folder and see what I've been working on, I'd love to hear criticism, suggestions, praise, or what have you. Replies would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

You are definitely on the right track in your painting. Nice clean lines on your figures.

Here are some areas that I would work on:

1. Thin your paints. In a few of the models I could see areas of paint that were thicker than other areas. Usually the concensus is to thin the paint to the consistency of cream.

2. Take your highlights up a couple of notches. This will really make your figures pop.

3. Last I would very much recommending spraying the figures with Testor's Dullcote. This will really make your figures look better. Even if you didn't do any of the above suggestions on your figures you would find that the dullcote would make them look sharper. What I would suggest is (especially if they are gaming pieces) hit them with a coat or 2 of your regular varnish spray and then after that dries do a couple of coats of the dullcote. That way they will be durable and not shiny.

Hope these suggestions were helpful.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread