What Is Your Favorite Terrian? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type of terrian do you usally make and what is the best way to make it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ChaosIsLife 3342@Jan 7 2005, 22:34
    What type of terrian do you usally make and what is the best way to make it.
    [snapback]296771[/snapback]

I love to use buildings and industrial scenery. Go to the games workshop sight and they have some building templates, excellent for making ruined city walls. Also, just doing a search of "War games terrain" can yeild some good ideas for you to use.

Get some 1/4' foam core a good knife and hot glue or white elmers glue and youll have a ruined city to game in in no time!

Hills are eaisly made from thick insulating foam. Just cut a shape out with a sharp knife, then round out the edges and paint. You can use a watered down mix of glue to paint on and then cover in sand or fine flock, the result can be quite realistic.

-PsychoDave-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I recently build a gaming room in my garage - see pics and descriptions here - and now I am really interested in getting terrain into place for more reaslistic battles.

I am fairly new at this but so far I have made some really cool chain link fence obstacles. I made them using common paint stir sticks that you can pick up for free at lowes or home depot, etc. I used these for the bases. I also used some small gauge hollow brass rods that I picked up at a model railroad shop. I mounted these to the base and secured them with a bit of green stuff. For the chainlink fence I found some copper mesh with a diagnonal pattern at Michaels art supply. I glued this to the posts and then glued some rock/rubble to the base. Primed and painted.

I have a mostly assembled bunker taken from the latest 40k rulebook and plan on doing craters (using AOL cd's as the base), ruined buildings, etc. I have started eying and collecting all kinds of odds and ends! I tell you this hobby is addicting!

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like craters and fences, but I don't have any.

My most favorite piece of terrain I own would have to be my city fight buildings. They look okay and are easy to make if you can get decent templates on the web.

The most abundant piece of terrain I make would have to be hills. They are easy to make and are a quick way to add terrain to an otherwise empty board.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i woukd like 2 no where templates are on internet an other gd websites

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love bunkers, my latest one is made of cardboard squares, and "entrenched"with toilet paper tubes, also with vines, shrubbery, grass, etc. made of lichen growing on it.i also love ruins, i took the styrofoam out of a n64 box, then noticed it looked like a building, so i started breaking off pieces and adding craters.i have made 4 bunkers, 2 sets of ruins, and soon to be some fences.
    Go get 'em angst man!
    -Palpatine to Anakin in 1337 Star Wars Episode III trailer

Rib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my fav lil piece of scenery is a crude-looking barricade.
    1- get old sprues
    2- cut out enough corners you deisre
    3- stack ontop of eachother
    4- cut some short sprue and sharpen the points
    5- glue together on a board

there you have it, simple, effective, and bloody easy!! painting it up is the next step, i am sure i'll decide what colours eventually, but for now its a barrier, kinda looks like an orc emplacment or something!!
    ~Rib
    FOR THE EMPORER!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Well.. Either bunker complexes (IG vs. IG in an omaha baech look-a-like terrain looks so sweet&#33, or ruined cities. I have painted all my bases codex grey, and added some stuff that looks like concrete rubble. Cityfights are the fights of the future, nobody fights over grassy hills anymore.

+ Reply to Thread