Librarium Online Forums banner

Space Wolf Conversions

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  WolfRaider 
#1 ·
I finally got the chance to make up some SW troops and get them painted. These are my newest Grey Hunter pack, Grey Veil of Night. Not major conversions, but even little changes adds character to an army. Every single model in my army is converted at least a little.

As with all my wolves, they carry axes for close combat, but the Grey Veil is equipped with silenced bolt pistols. Of course this is fluff only, no special rules. I just like the look of converted bolt pistols. They specialize in stealth missions when a scout pack isn't heavy enough to take on the job.

I went for a true grey color and a gritty look. I didn't want scarred or dirty armor, but a battle hardened look. I kept the highlights more subdued and shadows more pronounced. I haven't firmed up my ideas for army and pack markings yet, so those details are on hold for the moment.

I also decided to make one or two Wolf Guard on power armor (with different weapons) for each pack even though I never use them. I used the old metal Long Fang bodies with new arms and weapons. I really like the detail in the earlier metal Space Wolves.

See less See more
#4 ·
Those are superb. Love the paintjob, and i also love axes, i just have take them as power weapons though. In light of what you have done, i may have to ammend my Blood Claws and add a couple of axes as CCW's instead of the almost obligatory chainsword.

Keep up the great work, as it gives me a standard to aim for ... which is someway of yet!

Not blowing smoke up your behind, as that is just wrong! But praise is due.

#8 ·
(Y) Very very nice mate. I like the paint job it does look very down and dirty. The silenced pistols look nice too, they add a little indervidual touch. The old guy looks like he should be a Wolf Lord more than a Wold Guard. He has the age a stature.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Robizzle+Jan 14 2005, 15:22--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Robizzle @ Jan 14 2005, 15:22)</div><div class='quotemain'>i like the bases, where did you get the Axes from?
[snapback]302975[/snapback]​
[/b]
The axes are from the fantasy Dwarf warriors boxed sets.

<!--QuoteBegin-OS|ZombieMassacre
@Jan 14 2005, 15:24
The old guy looks like he should be a Wolf Lord more than a Wold Guard. He has the age a stature.
[snapback]302978[/snapback]​
[/quote]My lords are even more venerable looking, if not quite as aged as the 'old sergeant' Wolf Guard. I only have a Rune Priest mostly painted so far.

#10 ·
wow! that is some nice painting! i like the "silenced" bolters thats really cool. how long did it take you to paint them?

#11 ·
Showoff lol. Dwarfs and Space Marines my 2 most hated enemys! BAH!

10/10 like always wolf. Keep up the good job with your painting and your giant new army.

Love the old modle, did you use the dwarf head for him and green stuff for fangsand bionics?

#12 ·
Originally posted by Valhallan+Jan 15 2005, 13:22--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Valhallan @ Jan 15 2005, 13:22)</div><div class='quotemain'>Love the old modle, did you use the dwarf head for him and green stuff for fangsand bionics?
[snapback]303769[/snapback]​
[/b]
He's actually all metal except for the right arm holding the pistol and the backpack. Back in the old days :blush: GW used to cast miniatures with individuality. Each of the Long Fangs were different and very detailed. I'm using their bodies, updated with new style arms and weapons, for my Wolf Guard. This guy is the 'oldest' looking since he was the LF sergeant.

<!--QuoteBegin-Lt. Dan
@Jan 15 2005, 13:09
how long did it take you to paint them?
[snapback]303759[/snapback]​
[/quote]I usually paint a squad per week. I leave them set up and paint a little each evening. I've just been out of painting for a while with a new baby and building a new house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.